July 2015 Moms
Options

Preeclampsia

Hey guys!
Wondering how many of you guys have experienced high blood pressure in the end of the pregnancy.  I'm almost 35 weeks and at my routine visit my BP was consistently over 140's/90's, they sent me for labs, and I may have to have a 24-hour urine collection if my BP is still high tomorrow.  I'm resting at home now and trying not to get worried but I'm getting a bit nervous! Have any of you guys experienced this?  No symptoms just frequent floaters and a bit of swelling. I'm planning on working up to my due date and I'm worried I won't be able to! Let me know :) 

Re: Preeclampsia

• Options
    My cousin gave birth at 32 weeks because of pre-e. She had major swelling and protein in her urine. When she gave birth her bp was 180/109. I think the protein in urine is the indicating factor for the diagnosis. Good luck and stay positive :)
  • Options
    BerlyTownBerlyTown member
    edited June 2015
    I'm 33 weeks and started having high BP about a month ago. I went for follow ups and did blood work and 24 hour urine collections. Lab work came back fine but doctors kept on having me come back for follow ups and BP was still really high. I ended up being admitted to labor and delivery twice because of it. Once on a Tuesday for a few hours and then admitted again the same Friday for about a day and a half. All lab work came back good bit I'm now on bedrest and going to see the doctor twice a week. I do an NST with my primary OB and ultrasound with the perinatologist. They gave me steroids while I was in the hospital in case I delivery early, and will likely be induced at 37 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'm hoping to go full term and not have to be put on bed rest but we will have to wait and see - whatever's best for my baby girl
  • Options
    lrs220lrs220 member
    I was severely swollen since February/March. My blood pressure rose and I showed protein around week 32/33. I was admitted to the hospital and my numbers and swelling have greatly improved since then. I did get a few steroid shots to help develop the baby early just incase the had to induce early. Tomorrow is week 36 and they will start the inducing process Saturday. I wish the best for you. Good luck and don't over do it.
  • Options
    I am 32 wks. I had pre-e with my last child so I am considered high risk for it happening for this pregnancy. My daughter was delivered at 37wks. She was 4lbs 8oz. She is a perfectly healthy teen. Recently I have had swelling in my feet, which has made me nervous, but blood pressure is normal and no signs of protein in my urine. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so hopefully everything is positive. I want to go full term with my son. I wish you ladies all the best.
  • Options
    Praying that was just a fluke one time thing for you. I had one high blood pressure with my first pregnancy, a little swelling in my hands but that was it. They did labs and 24 hour urine and both were fine. They still had me do a weekly NST until delivery just to be safe. I think I was right around 34-35 weeks.I didnt mind the NST's since it meant I got to listen to my son and be reassured everything was ok in there. Good luck with your upcoming appointments
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with pre-e with my first pregnancy at 38 weeks and induced 2 days later. All I had was 2 high blood pressure readings over the course of 6 hours hooked up to a BP machine. No swelling, no headaches, no floaters but since I was full term and baby was measuring small they decided I was done. Do the 24 hour urine test, if you have pre-e they'll keep you pregnant as long as possible but you will likely end up on bed rest.
  • Options
    Thanks @jesicabrennan and @KMeyers31210 my bp this morning was 142/95 so I'm heading to the office again - I guess no work today for me
  • Options
    With my first I had high bp and protein in my urine. I did 3 24 hr catches and never reached the preeclampsia level. I was on bed rest for the last few weeks of pregnancy. This time my bp is slowly rising so I'm expecting the same issues. I'm 35 weeks today so we'll see.
  • Options
    I had pre e with both my past pregnancies (so far at 34 weeks I'm doing great thank you lord!) but with my first, I had midwives and should have been induced, but they were against it. I had severely high bp, extreme swelling, high urine. They let me go 10 days past my due date when they decided to induce. I had hyper reflexes, my liver was shutting down, protein levels were real bad, and my bp was 180's over something (almost 7 years ago I don't remember) when they started the induction I went into a seizure. And my bp was 220 over something. It got really bad.. But was fairly stable up untill that point (nearly 2 weeks overdue...)
    With my youngest, I was stable the whole pregnancy (in bed rest and high bp) but everything was okay. They let me go to 40 weeks and then took her. So it's not always really bad.. But if it stays up then I don't see you working till due date. Sorry :/
  • Options
    I went to the OB/GYNE monday and  I had trace protein in my urine and my BP was 130s/80's 140's/90's which is high for me. I'm 35.5 weeks. He sent me to L&D for labs and urine test. All came back negative for pre-eclampsia. They monitored my BP frequently for a few hours. He said no more work for me (ICU RN) and said to just take it easy so those BP #'s don't go up. I have a BP cuff and check my pressures in the am/afternoon and night. I notice at night it is higher, and if I lay on my left side it goes down. I also have some swelling (especially in my right) in my foot. 
    I now have to go to the office 2x a week to do NST. Have to have labs, ultrasound 1x/wk. They said they will probbably induce me around 37/38 weeks.