Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Clothes for a new born baby

Many friends told me that only uses the newborn clothes less than 1 month. How many clothes I need to buy for a newborn baby?, which clothes is necessary to buy?

Re: Clothes for a new born baby

• My LO skipped right over newborn clothes so I would highly recommend not getting very much if any cause you will probably get it as gifts. But that being said I would say 4-5 outs it's and 3 pjs that way you have a couple extra if they get dirtied. Also there was a couple times we had to change pjs in the middle of the night because out little boy peed all over: hope that helps.
  • We didn't buy any newborn clothes. We had my MIL run to target the day we got home for 4 onesies and one sleep and play. LO fit in those for 3 weeks maybe, some babies don't fit into newborn clothes at all. I wouldn't waste money on them.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my third baby and my two older kids were in newborn sizes for about 6 weeks. Newborn clothes are necessary for my babies. They swim in 0-3.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• My baby is 8 weeks and still in newborn clothes and diapers. Everything else is huge!
  • We didn't buy any nb clothes for our first and ended up going out immediately to buy some....she wore them until 3 months. This time around we got some nb stuff and our son was only in them for 3 weeks...it just depends on the baby, if you live close enough to a store I say don't get much in case they are wasted when you can always go pick a few things up if you need them.
  • If you do a registry at target they are great about you returning things. Even if they are items you didn't register for. So I would say buy some leave the tags on and you can return them if they don't fit
  • Keep the tags on until you know you will use them.  My LO was 9lbs. Only wore NB sleepers a couple times. 0-3 fit better.
  • My lo was 6lbs, 12 oz.  She's swimming in her nb stuff, I had to buy more though, and even got some preemie hand me downs from my neighbour.  Depends on baby.  Have a few things washed/on hand and be ready to get more if necessary!
  • My LO was 7.9lbs and fit in newborn clothes until he was 3 weeks old. He was almost 10lbs by then and was into 0-month and 3 month clothes.
  • My LO is 3 weeks and is still in Newborn clothes and diapers, her birth weight was 7 lbs 12 oz, 0-3 month clothing slides off her shoulders. I bought all my newborn clothing second hand from a mommy swap page on Facebook thinking I would only need them in case and didn't want to spend too much on them if she'd skip right over them like I heard. The lot came with 7 onesies, a few pants, and 10 sleepers which has been perfect but we also live in an apartment with out our own washer dryer so it extends time between loads. I would say half of that would be fine if you have your own washer dryer.