July 2015 Moms

Chest pain

I don't feel like I need to be running to the doctor or anything I am just wondering if any of you ladies have/are experiencing this. I have super duper pain in the chest it feels like I want to stretch my chest or sternum apart and can't. It is not heartburn it is pain like in the bone. I am wondering if this is from LO stretching my ribs or chest apart? It is way worse when I lay on my side if feels like my boobs are gonna rip off.

Re: Chest pain

• Keep an eye on it. I brought it up with my midwives and it can be signs of pre-eclampsia.

The pains I felt were like something was sliding around underneath my ribs...but really painful. No matter how I moved I couldn't get the pain to stop. My LO isn't anywhere near my ribs and my blood pressure is slightly elevated but not out of the norm just yet.

It could also be gastro something something. Yeah really technical of me I know. It has to do with digestion.

But yeah...I get it everynow and then.

[color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• @Knottie74091607 that is something I will def. check into. At my appt. last week my blood pressure was 92/? I don't remember the bottom number. So it is low and dropped significantly from my previous appt. my dr. Didn't seem worried but maybe with this he will be. Yeah nothing I do makes the pain go away. It started in the middle of the night last night and has not let up at all yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • mers90mers90 member
    I would tell your doctor, but it sounds like tietze syndrome (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tietze_syndrome) to me, I've had it since my first pregnancy or maybe before that and it scared the shit out of me everytime I felt it because I was sure I was gonna die and couldn't sleep and it took me a lot to find a doctor who finally told me what it was!
  • @lovermyboys - I would definitely get onto your doctor then. Eep! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. From what my doctor/midwives have said pre-eclampsia isn't really an option in your blood pressure is low...but they can still look for the proteins in your urine which are the main way to make the diagnosis.

Best of luck!!

[color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• I'm 34 weeks pregnant but a few weeks ago when I was 31 weeks pregnant I too got THE worst chest pain and it was underneath my left boob, it hurt so bad that I couldn't even breathe. Every time I'd do anything that would involve my chest moving (mopping, driving, breathing) it would hurt even more. I knew it wasn't heartburn. I ignored it for the first day thinking it would go away but then he second day was so unbearable I finally emailed my doctor and she called me almost immediately and told me to go to the hospital to get it checked out, saying she didn't want to risk it with me being pregnant! They ended up doing a cat scan of my chest and ultra sounds on both of my legs to check for blood clots and they found nothing. So the doctor there just sent me home with some hydrocodone because he had ruled out anything that would be potentially life threatening and just said that I might I have pulled a muscle very badly seeing as how when you're pregnant all your ligemants loosen up significantly. Since then the pain has gotten better but it did comfort me going to the hospital and getting it checked out because after that I didn't have to worry anymore about anything being too terribly wrong!
  • Thanks ladies, yeah I'm gonna put a call into my dr. I am 4 hours away from him right now but going home today, maybe they will have me stop in on my way home. I don't want to chance anything.
  • I agree with pp's. Although pre eclampsia is more localized under your ribs, it can very well be sternum area. And yes GERDS can def do it! I have GERDS and had pre eclampsia with both pregnancies.. This one has gone perfect so far.. So everytime I get the GERDS pains I worry it's pre e. Lol. It's worth checking out, but I'm sure it could be lack of room as well. Good luck.