Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

starting foods

LO will be 5 months next week.  We did rice cereal. oatmeal, sweet potatoes..
Just wondering if you went thru all veggies first before going to fruits?

Re: starting foods

• Options

We did a mixture of both. Sometimes fruits, sometimes veggies. Don't overthink it.

• Options
    I started with sweet potatoes. LO loves them. Just did carrot and potato mix this morning. He seemed to like that too. He's still getting used to the spoon though. He thinks it's a chew toy haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No. With my 1st we did't even try cereal till after she had a bunch of other stuff. We started mixing stuff as soon as she had tried a few single ingredient things. That included meat.

Both times I gave them whatever I felt like at the moment or whatever I had on hand.
  • Options
    could I ask how old you LO was when you tried cereal etc. (and what were the signs that you knew they were ready)
    My LO is 18 weeks now and has started asking for a bottle every 2 to 2.5 hours so is always hungry. 

I know the WHO says we should wait until 6 months but is this too far away if she is asking for bottles more often now? sorry i know this doesn't answer your question at all and i'm just asking another question on top of yours but hoping for advice from a mommy that has gone through this already.

• Options
    could I ask how old you LO was when you tried cereal etc. (and what were the signs that you knew they were ready)
    My LO is 18 weeks now and has started asking for a bottle every 2 to 2.5 hours so is always hungry. 

I know the WHO says we should wait until 6 months but is this too far away if she is asking for bottles more often now? sorry i know this doesn't answer your question at all and i'm just asking another question on top of yours but hoping for advice from a mommy that has gone through this already.

Signs they are ready: can sit up unassisted, they lose the tongue-thrust reflex. I would assume your baby is growing through a growth spurt, rather than she is ready for solids. 
  • Options

Maybe try increasing the amount of what you put in the bottle? I had a similar situation and he wanted to eat every 2-2 1/2 hrs, we were putting 4oz in each bottle but when it was all said and done he up to 6oz each bottle now and he's 4 1/2 months.
  • Options
    I just started cereal a week before he turned 4 months. He loved it and so I continued from there.