March 2015 Moms

Does your baby sleep through the night?

My little burrito is turning 3 months tomorrow and he wakes up 3 times a night. Any ideas to help him make it through the night?

Re: Does your baby sleep through the night?

• My bub is 10 weeks now and sleeping through the night. She rents to feed every 2.5-3.5 hours during the day. Her last feed is typically 9 pm, but the last two nights have been getting earlier. Then she'll sleep through till about 3:30-4. I used to feed her again as she was a bit grisly, but I popped the dummy back in and she'd out till at least 6:30! It's great! We have a feed, change and play and she's put again from about 8:00-9:30. I'm so lucky!

I tried to give her a pumped bottle so she was fuller for longer, but she seemed to still be waking up, more hungry. She's getting on that routine now where she's knows the difference between night and day. I think breast feeding makes her work much harder for her dinner lol and makes her more sleepy.

Maybe try a top up feed before putting him to sleep? Not make a fuss when he stirrs during the night, just keep quiet and put his dummy back in-if he has one?
    Give anything a go! Mumma needs her sleep :)
  • My little one is 11 weeks and he's started sleeping 5 to 6 hours a night. I'm usually up late and feed him right before he goes to sleep and I put him on his side when he first goes down just in case he spits up. But as soon as he's full he's usually out like a light. During the day he eats every 3 hours. After I feed him for the last time I'll walk around the house in the dark patting his back and then put him down if he doesn't immediately fall asleep after eating. I don't know if it's the combination of the patting and walking that keeps him sleeping but it seems to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO sleeps from 11-7. I feed her at 10-1030 and then put her in her bassinet awake. The time it takes for her to put herself to sleep has decreased to about 10 mins now and she doesn't cry, just sucks her hands a bit.

I think having a routine and letting her know I was there without picking her up every time she made a sound really helped.
  • Mine sleeps from 11pm-7:30am ish without a fuss. She's 11 weeks and has been sleeping well since about 6 weeks old. We do bath time and then a feed, I swaddle her tight, and she goes into the bassinet awake. She might grunt a bit for a few mins but then puts herself to sleep. :) she rarely wakes or fusses in the night, and if she does I wait a while before picking her up.... Just give her the pacifier and see if she'll fall back asleep first.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I am putting my little guy in his crib tonight! I hope it works!
  • AEmilyAEmily member
    Mine sleeps from 9:30/10-6:30 eats and then generally sleeps another 2 hours. We have a routine, bath, pajamas, sleepsack and then will snuggle on the couch for a bit before she eats. She usually falls asleep eating but if she doesn't it's the patting the back that gets her to fall asleep then. I think the sleepsack does wonders because it makes her feel hugged.
  • My LO usually goes to bed about 10 and had been sleeping til 7ish. He will feed and then go back to sleep til about 10-11ish. He doesn't go right back to sleep when I lay him down in the am but is content. Our nite time routine is diaper change, pjs, sleep sack and bottle. I lay him down when he's done with his bottle whether he's awake or asleep. His sleep isn't always consistent yet but he does well most nights. Last week he was waking uP twice a nite for a couple nites.
  • dreyes4dreyes4 member
    edited June 2015
    My lil mama is 9 weeks and sleeps from around 8 to 2. Thenwakes up to eat and goes back to sleep around 3 and doesn't wake up to eat until about 10. She eats a lot during the day so I no shes OK to sleep that long. :D
  • LcastoLcasto member
    My son sleeps through the night from about 11-8 lately. He cluster feeds from about 7:30-9:30, though, so he gets nice and full before bedtime. This is a bad habit I know, but I don't want to rock the boat when he's sleeping so well! Lol
  • Wow, my son is still up every three hours to feed at 9.5 weeks.
  • 9 weeks here and my little man wakes at least twice a night. But he's going to bed much earlier than everyone else it seems. He can't stay awake any longer than 7/8pm. He wakes again around midnight. Then he wakes at 4am and then he's up for the day at 7am. Yall are making me envious :(
  • @adelems That is exactly how my little girl sleeps. I can't imagine her staying up until 10-11:00, I am usually going to bed around then! Most nights I'll feed her when I go to bed, she won't wake up all the way, so she'll only nurse for a few minutes, but will usually sleep until 3-4:00 and then again until 7-7:30. We had a few nights this week where it was every two hours, I think it was her 3 month growth spurt.
  • My little guy goes to sleep between 730-8 we dream feed around 9 and he sleeps until 4 I feed him and he sleeps until about 7. I feel like he sleeps so much. But he's a happy boy.
  • Our 9 week old just slept from 6:30pm-4:30pm. We had been doing a dream feed at 10:30 & pediatrician asked if he was awake- I said no and she suggested we try not doing the dream feed- I was super nervous as I've gotten used to sleeping from 11pm- 5:30. So we put to bed last night after a major cluster feed and he slept all night- he did start "crying" in his sleep at 1am but when I got up to feed him I realized he was still asleep and so I left him- he groaned and cried (not very loud) for about 3 minutes then he was out until 4:30 - hope it wasn't a fluke! He then goes back to bed after a feed until 7:30
  • 12 weeks here and mine sleeps a 8-9 hour stretch, wakes up to eat for 5 min and then sleeps another 3 hours. Our naps suck, 25-45 min about 4-5 times a day, but I'll take that trade-in for the glorious night sleep.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My little guy is still waking up at least twice and I have tried different things but have decided that he just gets to hungry to sleep through the night. He is 3 months old
  • I'm a little envious too. My 10 week can sleep most nights about 9-1 up to feed, back till about 3 or 4, and then sleep until 7. Some night she is still waking to nurse every 2 hours.
  • My 13 week old son goes down between 8-8:30pm. He wakes up to eat around 11, 2, and 5. He gets up between 7-8am. He eats every 2-3 hours during the day. A hungry boy I guess!
  • My 11 week son is just starting to sleep a little better for me (used to be up every 2-3 hours.) I now put him to bed at 9:00 and he will usually sleep until between 2-3 am for a feeding. Then he sleeps again until 6 or 7 in the morning. I'm trying to be more strict with the bedtime. Even if he seems wide awake usually falls asleep within 15 min of me putting him in the crib. I think the consistency has really helped his nighttime routine.
  • My 11 week old daughter cluster feeds in the evening until about 10, then I feed her one last time in a dark room, massage and bed. She sleeps about 7-8 hours, wakes for a feed, then goes back down for another 2 hours or so.
  • My son is 11 weeks and is still waking up every 2-2.5 hours to eat through the night. Doesn't make a difference if I feed him more before bed he still wants to eat on that schedule. He knows the difference between night and day though. He just wake up briefly through the night every two hours and once he eats he falls right back to sleep. I would LOVE if he would at least sleep four hours straight! Any suggestions??! How did you get your LOs to sleep through the night. I obviously want to feed him if he's hungry but it seems other babies at his age are sleeping through the night.. Has this just turned into a bad routine or is he not ready yet?
  • My baby sleeps from about 10p to anywhere from 5 or 6 or 7a. I feed him about 9:30 and he's usually asleep by 10. He might stir once during the night around 3 sometimes, I just rock him gently and he goes back to sleep, and I put him back in the rock n play. Sometimes when he wakes up, I put him in bed next to me and we sleep til 10a. It's pretty great! I just kept a consistent routine of feeding at the sane time and rocking him to sleep right after. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. He's sleeping right now as a matter of fact! :)
  • I found the book "bringing up Bebe" had a helpful chapter on sleep. Someone told the author that if, after baby is a few weeks old, she is still waking up for feedings in the middle of the night, to swaddle her and change her diaper. If she still cries after that, then feed her. Do this between midnight and 5am if she wakes. I tried this around five weeks and my LO went back to sleep after I re-swaddled her. Since about six weeks, I feed her between 9-10:00pm and she sleeps until 6:00-6:30. She is 10 weeks now. I would recommend reading the sleep chapter in that book if you feel like you want a better understanding of baby sleep habits! I found it insightful.
  • lmc929lmc929 member
    My little guy goes to sleep between 730-8 we dream feed around 9 and he sleeps until 4 I feed him and he sleeps until about 7. I feel like he sleeps so much. But he's a happy boy.
    My son is the same, 14 weeks old.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• My LO is starting to sleep longer through the night now too! So exciting - for real. Haha

What diaper do you all use for long nights? I have my LO in pampers swaddlers. She gets changed at 9 pm and then during her one night feed. I feel like she has pretty wet diapers though. Any suggestions?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• My LO just turned 13 weeks today. For about a week now, she has taken her last nighttime feeding at 7:30pm and wakes up to eat around 7am! She has been waking up once or twice but when I stick her paci back in, she goes right back to sleep (she's still sleeping in our room because she just stopped the 4am feeding when we were at the beach this past week). We use Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive and they hold up 12 hours.
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • @noodlienoodles we went up a size (size 2) and use the Pampers Baby Dry! It's been helpful for sure
  • @noodlienoodles we went up a size (size 2) and use the Pampers Baby Dry! It's been helpful for sure

Love the Pampers Baby Dry!!! Previously, I was changing her in the middle of the night to avoid leaks in the morning. Baby Dry is 12 hour protection... awesome sauce! My older one had sensitive skin and developed a rash with overnight diapers, but so far this kid is fine. Yay!
  • My son will be 3 months on Tuesday. He usually has his last feed/goes down between 830-930 and will sleep until 530. I feed him again and then he's usually good until around 8!