March 2015 Moms
Options

Rolling over

My LO is 2 months old and has been trying to roll over for the past couple weeks and she gets half way there but can't seem to figure out how to completely roll all the way yet. When she's on her belly she moves her legs like she's trying to crawl but isn't sure on how to work her arms yet. Is anybody else's at this stage yet?

Re: Rolling over

• Options
    Mic512Mic512 member
    LO is going to roll tummy to back any day now, she is 9 weeks. My son rolled over at 7 weeks so it can happen early. LO also spins herself on her tummy in a circle.
  • Options
    adelemsadelems member
    Now I'm wondering if my son is behind! He's 8 weeks and hardly pushes himself up let alone starting to roll. :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    djolietdjoliet member
    My daughter is almost 11 weeks and still not rolling. I think I've heard not to really start worrying about rolling until about 3 months. Every baby is differnt so try not to worry if yours isn't doing what someone else's is
  • Options
    NLB2009NLB2009 member
    adelems said:

Now I'm wondering if my son is behind! He's 8 weeks and hardly pushes himself up let alone starting to roll. :/

My son is like this too. He holds his head up really well but other than that he's still struggling.
  • Options
    Mine is not yet showing any signs... I'm not too worried yet!
  • Options
    mommy4+1angelmommy4+1angel member
    edited May 2015
    Don't worry. It takes awhile for them to get their arms moved out of the way etc. I'm always happy when it's later. I feel safer with them sleeping on their backs anyway :)
  • Options
    Mine is starting to lift her head and prop herself on her arms for longer and longer each day, and if I roll her from her back to front with her arm still tucked underneath, she can roll herself back. She's 10 weeks. She also likes to put weight on her legs and take steps or bounce. She's been doing the fake crawling since like a week old....so I think it's just reflexes more then anything.... Her arms and legs are always moving. Her head support is also getting really good, but she can still get a bit floppy if she's super tired..... I can't wait to get her in the jolly jumper or bumbo chair!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My lo is 11 weeks and he holds himself up well and can roll to his side as he does it in his sleep but doesn't seem real interested in rolling over. Kinda worries me he hasn't but I think he's strong enough to.
  • Options
    My son rolled from tummy to back for the first time at 2 weeks. He also gets up on his knees but isn't quite sure how to push himself up with his arms yet in order to crawl. He can roll from his back to his side but not all the way over on his stomach yet.
  • Options
    My LO is backwards: great head control, so she sits fine in her bumbo and supporting her weight standing, but she has not figured out what to do when on her belly! Except for face plant and cry... No matter how much we encourage her, she just cannot seem to enjoy tummy time. So she will likely be late in rolling over.
  • Options
    AGM0616 said:

My LO is backwards: great head control, so she sits fine in her bumbo and supporting her weight standing, but she has not figured out what to do when on her belly! Except for face plant and cry... No matter how much we encourage her, she just cannot seem to enjoy tummy time. So she will likely be late in rolling over.

My LO is kind of like that too... He's getting a bit better Now but we aren't there yet. He has very good head control and has for a while now. He also likes to stand (peds said his legs were as strong as a 4mo old at 11 weeks). I have a tummy time mat but he does better on a blanket on the table. We can only get about 3min before he face plants and cries.
  • Options
    My LO never liked tummy time and I would try for a few minutes every day to get her use to it but that didn't work, so I stopped and then she started crying and I couldn't figure out why and she wanted to be on her tummy
  • Options
    AGM0616 said:

Oh thank goodness! Mine is like this too... I was beginning to get worried!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    Mine is 12 weeks and is conent to be either on his back or tummy, no interest in rolling over. But today for the first time, I rolled him onto his side, and he would then roll either forwards or backwards--sometimes both, first rolling onto his tummy and then using the momentum to go back the other way, onto his back. We did that several times and he seemed to enjoy it, but made no attempt to roll over when I set him on his tummy. But then, he's always liked tummy time.
  • Options
    My little guy just rolled on his side two days ago and he will be three months tomorrow and he is not a fan of tummy time so I use a boppy pillow on put him on his stomach and a toy in front for his arms to reach for. He likes it a lot
  • Options
    My baby is twelve weeks today and she still shows no interest in rolling over at all. After reading about your rolling happy babies, I hope she's not behind!
  • Options
    My little girl rolled over from tummy to back yesterday (10 weeks), but I think it was the position she was in. I had just rolled her from back to tummy (she seems to prefer tummy time in small amounts and is ok if I roll her myself), and she decided to roll back over. She repeated it a few times, but only when her arms were well-placed and she had enough momentum. But I thought it would take longer to master this since she's so resistant to tummy time!
  • Options
    AGM0616 said:

Mine is the same! I know they gets so frustrated but it's so cute how they grunt to keep trying and then just give up and face plant.
  • Options
    AGM0616 said:

This is mine too!
  • Options
    CG79CG79 member
    My little man is just over 11 weeks and hasn't rolled over yet either...he's not a big fan of tummy time...