April 2014 Moms

Father's Day

What do you ladies have planned??

I know I am getting DH a mug from shutterfly that has pictures of LO on it (he told me he really wanted one when I got mine). But I want to do something else... He has been really great this year but especially in the last few weeks since we got our bfp.

Ideas????

Re: Father's Day

• I did the shutterfly mug last year and he loved it. This year, I would love to buy him a package at a local indoor zip lining and rock climbing place. He's never done either, but I think he will enjoy it.
  • I'm just going to do a brunch for the three of us and a new travel mug and some artwork from LO. Nothing crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're going to brunch at a nearby state park and I'll definitely do a card. If he follows through with my belated mither's day gift, I'll do something on the same scale--likely a tool he has been wanting or something. If he doesn't follow through, I'll do something smaller. A framed photo or something like that. ;)
  • We're going to brunch at a nearby state park and I'll definitely do a card. If he follows through with my belated mither's day gift, I'll do something on the same scale--likely a tool he has been wanting or something. If he doesn't follow through, I'll do something smaller. A framed photo or something like that. ;)

This is why I'm not 100% on his gift. He forgot Mother's Day last year and this year. He still hasn't made it up to me so it makes me want to not even do anything. But then not doing anything makes me feel bad. Hope your DH makes it up to you soon!
  • I think I'm going to order a customized guitar pick from Etsy with some message from the kids - just not sure what to say and hopefully I'm not too late. I might do a baseball game (should probably check if there is one!). I am not sure whether to send him alone with DD (they're pretty much BFFs) or we all go.
  • I've done the D A D three picture panel with the kids for the past 2 years, so I'll update that this year. I got him grilling gloves and a sweatshirt. I'm thinking I'd like to get some MLB tickets as well, since we didn't get to a single game the last 2 years. Been too busy with itty bitty babies...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is actually taking that day off...his first Sunday off since DD was born! So definitely a big breakfast.My best friend and her new-ish little one will be coming from NM so I am having an Open house type thing so that all of our friends can come visit her in one place. I haven't thought of a gift... Do they have a travel mug with a picture?

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

This is why I'm not 100% on his gift. He forgot Mother's Day last year and this year. He still hasn't made it up to me so it makes me want to not even do anything. But then not doing anything makes me feel bad. Hope your DH makes it up to you soon!
    I'm kind of fine either way on whether or not he follows up... He was going to get me a mani and then I asked if he would just chip in on a woven wrap I wanted. So if he doesn't, I'll let him chip in by getting him a less pricey gift. Haha. Don't mean to be all "tit for tat," but I also want to kinda keep things on the same page. We shall see! ;)
  • @BADASBKRCK yes shutterfly has a ton of different options of mugs with pictures. That's one definite that I'm getting for DH. Designed the mug today, just waiting to get a good coupon from them!

DH did so good this year for Mother's Day. He got me an amazing hand painted sign from etsy with all of LOs birth stats, lilies, and dunkin donuts gift card. I need to step up my game!!!
  • I'm at a loss this year. I gave him a mug last year, so I would hate to do the same thing. Is it weird to get a man a massage?
  • LolaX2LolaX2 member
    I ordered a photo mug and a photo magnet for DH from the kids. He will also go on his annual fishing trip with his brothers and Dad (just local and in expensive, but he loves fishing and being with his dad and brothers). I also ordered photo magnets for both our our dads. We can't really afford to do much this year with some unexpected expenses that have come up. 
  • DH actually wanted a Fitbit since most of our family has one now. I think he feels left out. Haha. DS will make him something at school so I am not gonna worry about doing a photo gift this year. We are also taking him and the grandpas to the Brazilian Steakhouse. Can't go wrong with lots of meat!
  • Glad to know about the photo mug... I just designed one for DH, my Dad, my FIL and Step FIL

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Haha mugs for everyone!!!!!