July 2015 Moms

First Time pregnant and sharp pain?

feeling baby move but I've got A really sharp almost stitch like pain under my left rib and feel it even more when I lean forward or to the side just seeing if anyone else has had this I'm 32 weeks just thought I'd ask on here first x

Best Answers

• AjhaneyAjhaney member
    Answer ✓
    Maybe your baby is just pushing there a lot?? Or hits a sensitive area.
  • Loading the player...

Re: First Time pregnant and sharp pain?

• savvisavvi member
    It's literally under my left rib and abit in the middle stitch like pain
  • savvisavvi member
    Yes I was worried as never felt it before till now but I guess it is cramped in there and I slept on it and the pain has gone this morning x
  • I had this the other day as well while I was out for a walk. It was on my lower left side, when I got home I laid on my right side to "shift" the baby away from that spot for a little bit which helped tremendously!
    Glad your pain went away also!!
  • kamio92kamio92 member
    edited June 2015

Could be round ligament pain. Are you still feeling your little one kicking about? If so...that is my bet!

I ended up in hospital 2 weeks ago with some blood loss and I'd been experiencing the same kind of pain. The doctors still don't know what caused the blood loss but that kind of pain can also be a sign of placenta abruption. Thankfully they came away stumped. I hadn't felt her move since the pain...so they were pretty worried. She's kicking away like normal now btw. ;)

Super glad to hear that it eased up though. All these aches and pains freak me out at the best of times!

[color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]