July 2015 Moms

Floating disconnected and spacey

only thing I take during the day is my prenatals. And the last few days I feel... Well high as hell! She dropped, my hips are unbearable, and I have a lot of cramping and some contractions but not enough to be a concern.. And not even timeable, and I just don't feel right... I don't know how to explain it. I can't go to the hospital or even call my doctor because.. What would I say "hi doc.. I feel doped up.."
Anyways this is my 3rd pregnancy and I have never felt like this before.. Has anyone else?

Re: Floating disconnected and spacey

• That's so weird you posted this. I've noticed the past few days this like spacey feeling. Like when I had a concussion a few years ago. I turn my head too fast and get that whoa, too drunk feeling.

And within the same timeframe the hip pain while sleeping has gotten way worse again.

I have a doc appt this afternoon and planned on bringing it up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Exactly! I turn my head and it's like it takes a minute to catch up! My doc app is tomorrow so I was gonna tell her then. Maybe I'm just not getting enough blood flow.. But then that worries me.. What if she's not? I get migraines so I'm hoping this is just another side effect. (They cause some really weird neurological issues for me)
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had the head pain along with it today but it's not unbearable.. But I don't want to take the fioricet, because I don't want to feel loopy on top of this. Lol. It may be vertigo... But I'm not dizzy. I'm just high on life I guess.
  • Yes!! I had to really stop and breathe for a minute before backing my car out of the driveway this morning because I felt all loopy! Same with the doped up feeling and I just feel a little slow to process everything, my appointment isn't til Friday so report back of you hear what's up!
  • Hi ladies, I feel everything described above. It's bothersome and annoying. When I've brought it up to my doctor I get the response "well you are pregnant and alot is going on in your body, most pregnant women complain of this symptom". Let's all just believe we will be A-okay.
  • Yea. That was pretty much my docs response today. Increased blood flow, body working like crazy, sorry you hate life right now, see you in two weeks.

Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wow!!! Well I'm glad it's normal and I'm not the only one feeling it.. Just seems weird to me, this is my third baby and never felt this before.. I guess the best way to describe it which a lot of people won't understand, is an uptake in serotonin levels. I have low ones and maybe this is a normal end of pregnancy thing? Lol. I don't know. I guess I'll just hang on and ride it out. Rather feel this way then depressed and sad.
  • I read that's it's normal especially being this far into pregnancy. My baby dropped a week and a half ago and I've been light headed and loopy. In the article I read it said its because of all the blood going to the baby, not as much to the head. Lol so just be careful. I have to watch myself walking downstairs.
  • mirrenrue said:

I read that's it's normal especially being this far into pregnancy. My baby dropped a week and a half ago and I've been light headed and loopy. In the article I read it said its because of all the blood going to the baby, not as much to the head. Lol so just be careful. I have to watch myself walking downstairs.

Oh that's weird! Lol I never dropped with my youngest.. And my oldest would float? Lol she would drop down and come back up, but I was on bed rest with the both of them so I didn't notice these feelings I guess (well that and as I said my youngest never dropped so that's why I didn't feel it with her)
    But thanks for the info! It's a big help.. I thought maybe my hormones had gone crazy and caused a boost in serotonin.. Lol or I was losing my mind.