November 2014 Moms

Baby fights sleep at night! Any suggestions?!

my 6 month old sleeps throughout the whole night but the problem is putting her TO sleep! She fights her sleep for about an hour & finally gives in & falls asleep on our bed & when she's finally sleep I put her in her crib. Please any suggestions!!?!?! Im going crazy

Re: Baby fights sleep at night! Any suggestions?!

• mneesemneese member
    My 7 month old does the same thing sometimes. He can be completely exhausted, but pitch a royal hissy-fit when it comes to calming down to go to sleep - especially when my husband tries to put him down. The only thing I have found to work is to get into a routine. We play, take a bath (with the bedtime lavender bath), then sit in the rocker in the nursery to read a book, take a bottle, and rock to sleep. Plus, I have a sound machine, and we play the same lullaby on it every night from the time we sit down until after he goes to sleep. Sometimes it is completely exhausting! Hopefully it will get better for you! I think at this age, they are just so busy al of the time that it's hard for the turn off and calm down to sleep! Wish I had better advice! Good luck! 
  • My 6.5 month old is pretty similar to this.  Bedtime isn't as rough as nap time. I have found that lavender essential oil behind his ears works well.  The smell helps calm him.  We also do the Aveeno Baby calming lotion with lavender.  Most of the time it works, but once in a while he'll fight it more.  A good routine is key in what I've found as well.