TTC After a Loss

Quick hello

Hi all. We have one healthy 9 month boy and tested positive for baby #2 on April 1st, but when we went in at about 9 weeks , we found out baby stopped growing during week 6. We opted for a natural miscarriage, but my blood loss was so heavy and quick I was instructed to go to the ER where they did a d&c. Today is my post op appointment and am curious what the doctor will say about trying again since we really want to keep this baby bandwaggon going (we're both older). But I just wanted to say how thankful I am to have found this board and read some of your posts. It's really encouraging, insightful, eductqtional, and just nice to have a place to talk openly about everything we are going through. I already appreciate you ladies!

Re: Quick hello

• Hi @ekneipp, I am so sorry for your loss, but wanted to welcome you to the board.  I had a MMC at 12wks with my first pregnancy and we opted to go for the D&C route.  I hope your appointment goes well.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • So sorry for your loss. I had a natural miscarriage and i had no restrictions on TTC again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss. I had a d&c for mmc and was told to wait one cycle to ttc again. Every doctor seems to be different and obviously your health plays a factor in how soon you ttc as well. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon!
  • I'm on my second post-d&c cycle, but it appears I still have hcg, so fingers crossed for next month. I'm TTC#1 and I'll be 37 in a couple of weeks, so the clock's ticking for me, too!

Good luck!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Welcome to the board. I am so sorry for your loss.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Welcome and I am so sorry for your loss!! Hopefully you are cleared to ttc again ASAP! Wish you good luck! ((Hugs))