Baby Names
Options

Please your honest opinion about the name Raiden for a baby boy

Hey mommies to be,

So yesterday we were brainstorming about baby boy names, then my hub came up with the name Raiden (Ray-den)

origin is Japanese

I was thinking about the Mortal Kombat character, and the meaning is thunder and lightning

Your thoughts?

Any other suggestions for my second baby boy something that goes with Dean (name of my first boy)

Re: Please your honest opinion about the name Raiden for a baby boy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CGlessCGless member
    I just think Radian.

Rhys, Chase, Cole, Blake, Seth, Tate, Troy, Eric
  • Options
    Raiden just sounds like another made up Aiden variant. I don't like it at all. To go with Dean, what about

Troy
    Kent
    Grant
  • Options
    I was going to mention the mortal kombat reference, but sounds like you already know about it.
  • Options
    Raid bug spray
  • Options
    shaw1234 said:

Hey mommies to be,

So yesterday we were brainstorming about baby boy names, then my hub came up with the name Raiden (Ray-den)

origin is Japanese

I was thinking about the Mortal Kombat character, and the meaning is thunder and lightning

Your thoughts?

Just wondering: are either you or your husband Japanese?
  • Options

We are not Japanese

• Options
    Honestly, if I was Raiden and my brother was Dean, I would feel SO cheated. Raiden doesn't come close. Pick something classic and strong like your first son's name!

I was thinking the same, it doesn't fit the same category

• Options
    Yes I saw it after you mentioned it, thank you for your thoughts
  • Options
    kimikimi said:
    I grew up in Japan and have never heard this name. If it's a Japanese name it would actually be pronounced Rye-den not Ray-den. For Ray-den pronunciation it'd be spelled Reiden. It sounds very made up to me.

Yes I saw it after you mentioned it, thank you for your thoughts

• Options
    Are you open for suggestions that might pair well with Dean?

• Options
    shaw1234shaw1234 member
    edited June 2015
    bbiutmcph said:
    Are you open for suggestions that might pair well with Dean?

Yes l love to hear it! If you have any suggestions please let me know!

• Options
    Hugo
    Pierce
    Trent
    Warren
    Russell
    Miles
    Eric
    Heath
    Edmund
    Graham
    Spencer
    Anthony
    Owen
    Garrett
    Marshall
    Marcus
    Malcolm
    Phillip

• Options
    The Aiden, Jayden, Braden, Haden thing has been SO overdone. This just seems like another made-up version of it.
  • Options
    Clarke suits Dean nicely.
  • Options
    Love it!!! Makes me want to watch Indiana Jones.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I know a little boy with this name, and I had no idea it was a Mortal Kombat name. Each time I saw his name, I thought his parents were just trying too hard with the -ayden/-aiden trend. I am not a fan, especially paired with Dean. I love Dean though......so your first son has a pretty rad name....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I instantly thought 1) Radon - like the radioactive gas and 2) oh geez, another Aiden, Caden, Jaden, etc. It's not great!

Dean definitely came out on top with this one. There are so many great names that would pair well with Dean.

• Options
    You asked for honesty opinion, mine is that it's terrible. It sounds made up, and silly.
  • Options
    Thank you all for you honest opinion much appreciate it!!
    I ve made a poll to vote for a name
  • Options
    Not my style but to each his own. I have a friend who is pregnant now and she and her fiancé have chosen the name Raiden for their third baby boy. I can't help but think of mortal kombat when I hear it.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Options
    If you like the sounds, my brother has the middle name Ryland and I always thought it was cool name. (Side note: we didn't name him - his birth mother did before we adopted him so we don't know the origination of the name.)
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Naf.... Raymond instead?
  • Options
    I'm not a fan. Two things come to mind - Radiation (as in the medical therapy) and raiding drawers. Neither are positively associated with a person.

Raymond is a much better option. Haden is nice as well.