Parenting after 35

Weekly Check-In 5/31

How was your week?

QOTW: Are you a cat person or a dog person and why?

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/31

• Good but exhausting. Baby seems to cluster feed constantly. I've done nothing today other than feed him and change diapers. Thank god for my husband who got sushi and wine and picked up a few bottle-feeding shifts (I pump for every other feed because his latch is atrocious). I can't wait to see the oral surgeon tomorrow and hear whether he indeed has a tongue tie.

I've also been doing a bit of work, despite the mat leave. I have a pet project that one of my coworkers is trying to take over while I'm gone, so I feel like i need to sat involved. That has been surprisingly rewarding, and a good break from all the baby activities.

Although it's been a very tiring week, I'm enjoying motherhood and look forward to it getting a bit easier in a few weeks...!

QOTW: I'm a dog person. I share dogs' enthusiasm for small and big things and am generally very social. I also find dogs to be very generous and their love and devotion can be difficult to find in our own species.  I do also like cats and find their fascination with boxes to be hilarious (search for Maru on YouTube if you haven't seen it already).

• NeonNoonNeonNoon member
    edited June 2015
    When I started BF, DS would feed for hours at a time @marijaa333. Now at 2.5 months, we're down to 10-20 mins. It's quite hard to believe. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.

I had some ups and downs this week.

Ups: DS started baby signing last week. I thought he was just playing but I was wrong. The problem is that he uses the toilet sign for needing a diaper change, needing to burp, needing to go potty, or having the hiccups; and the milk sign for mom, dad, or milk. If we guess wrong, he gets very cranky. It has reduced his whining overall, though.

Downs: DS had a few cranky days post-vax, which wore me out some. We've also had few opportunities to go out due to storms/flooding. So, cabin fever has begun to set in.

Every week that passes by surprises me to the upside that I was able to get through it. It's our wedding anniversary next week and I'm not sure we're going to be able to do anything special :-S

QOTW: I'm not really a pet person, but if I had to choose, I'd go with cat. I like their independence and that they get rid of some pests. I don't like that they carry toxo and scratch up stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    I am in countdown to the end of the school year.  If I can survive 2.5 weeks I will be golden.  It will continue to be stress city but at least the end is in sight and then I have the summer off to be with my 2 chickadees.  I can't wait to be done with this school year it has been a fecal fest since September and really hit its stride in January.  I am so ready for a break!

I am a dog person.  I grew up with dogs all of my life.  When I married my husband I inherited 2 cats.  Each one is an A-hole in their own way.  The first is the one who only loves my husband.  He attacks everyone else, unprovoked, I might add.  And the other one is very sweet but he is pissing everywhere but the litter box.  That cat is lucky I am a responsible pet owner and feel a pet is your responsibility once you decide to get it.  That being said he is one step away from the pound.  We started the damn cat on prozac and hope that that helps.  If not I am going to smear the prozac on my own ear so I don't drown him in his next puddle of piss.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm tired as hell, DS is nursing well and normally but I 'm wishing for one of those babies who sleeps longer stretched in the night. Waking 2x a night is getting old, and I'm feeling way too old! My other young ones are being monsters. I need to make extra effort to give extra attention this week I think.

QOTW: I'm allergic to both but I grew up with cats and like them. Dogs seem pretty fun but like a lot of work!
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • My week flew by. Seriously, nothing at all stands out about the week. Where did it go? This is my last week of maternity leave. DH is taking the week off to watch the baby while I get some crap done which I can't bring her along for, like a haircut and the dentist.

I'm a dog person for 2 reasons. First, every cat I had while growing up was the mean kind that wouldn't let you touch them without a bite or scratch. Second, I'm allergic to cats anyway.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• @NeonNoon‌ I have a friend that does baby signing.

My week has been ok. Nothing big happened. My 3rd DD turns 8 today. So I have to find time to lay this baby down and make a cake...and take cookies up to school.

We have a dog which I would be lost without. We got her for the girls bc they had to have her. But she has become my baby. No one wants anything to do with her besides me. But I desperately want a kitten. I am such a cat person. @marijaa333 I know the cat you are referring to. We had one like that growing up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • @NeonNoon we completely missed our wedding anniversary. Baby was six days old and both of us forgot. You must do better! :)

We had the frenectomy done today - it was quick and he doesn't seem too bothered by it. I don't notice a huge improvement in his latch yet but I do see a big difference in the mobility of his tongue. Overall, I'm glad it's done!
  • DH's birthday was within a few days of my EDD @marijaa333 . We celebrated it about a month in advance. We've agreed to at least get take-out from our favorite restaurant for our anniversary.

FX for you to see more progress with the latch!
  • @NeonNoon That's a great idea - doing something in advance. Never occurred to me... Seems much better than doing something after the fact.
  • Nothing really worth mentioning over here. We spent a nice long weekend at our cabin and since C had to have her helmet off we were able to be outside more. Nornally it's too hot for that.

QOTW: i am not an animal person but if I were to choose I'd go with cats. They're lower maintenance than dogs and they don't slobber on everything.