Pregnant after IF
Options

Bleeding at 8 weeks

i sorted bleeding last night around 1 am.

I am waiting for a scan now and totally terrified!

Any postivitiy? Good stories from bleeding.

I had just settled into the idea of being pregnant and then this it feels like a cruel joke...

Re: Bleeding at 8 weeks

• Options
    Sending hugs and T&P and good healthy vibes your way! I've definitely heard of people having bleeding from SCH (sub chorionic hematoma) during 1st tri and having quite healthy pregnancies regardless. I'm so sorry you're going through this and I hope you have a great, reassuring scan.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    I think I was around 10-12 weeks when I had some bleeding, it was a slight previa that corrected on his own I just took it easy for a while. Good luck w your scan!

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bleeding at 11w. Placenta previa was to blame. All was ok. Hope your scan goes well. It's so scary!
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Options
    Two episodes of bleeding around 12 weeks and again at 20 weeks due to placenta previa and low lying placenta which put me on modified bed rest the remainder of the pregnancy - but still going strong!  Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Options
    Thank you Ladies!

Well the actual sonographer wasn't available until tomorrow so going back in the morning to try and determine cause.

But we did see a heartbeat, nice looking sac and the baby was a good size. That has given me some peace of mind but am still so worried.

I'm hopeful that it might have something to do with the fact that the docs in SA had told me to stop the PIO and switch to the progesterone suppositories. They have now told me to go back on the injections the cause maybe I wasn't absorbing them well and the hormone change caused the bleeding. They also saw other sac and that could also be the cause.

The doc today. I don't really like her. She is a OB but she is so busy, has a terrible bedside manner, explains nothing and her machine is not great.

So I am going to the proper sonographer who is so lovely takes her time and wil explain every little thing.

In my heart I am just holding onto the Belief that my baby will be ok! But I am very quick to also assume the worst. I just can't fathom something going wrong and getting through that, i felt each week was getting easier to just be pregnant and not be infertile and pregnant.. Now I am back in that feeling of lack of control and fear of the unknown.

I wil stay hopeful! Thank you again this board helped me so much when I was a mess this morning and reading all the stories of IF Brain and successes through the ups and downs.

Thanks @lawmom747 @Justone13 @sorrellam30
  • Options
    Hope that the scan tomorrow gives you some more relief. I know that it is super scary. When I had my bleeding scare I cried for almost 3 hours straight until I could get in to see my dr. After everything you go through to become pregnant its so hard to have these things happen. Just know I'm thinking of you and hope that all turns out okay!! BIG HUGS! 
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Options
    @somewhereinafrica, I'm sorry to hear this!
    Like PP said, I'm sure it's nothing than a sch or issues with the suppositories, they can cause your blood capillaries to kind of crack and make you spot a bit.
    You're in my thoughts, please update us when you get great news tomorrow!
  • Options
    Good to hear things are looking good. Keep us posted on how things go and sending lots of prayers and well wishes.
    My hubby and I have been together since 2008. Married 5 years in Dec. DX with PCOS and annovulatory hypothalamus. TTC for baby #2 for 10 months BFP on May 29th 2015

imageimage
  • Options
    przemosbabeprzemosbabe member
    edited June 2015
    I had bleeding at 15 weeks, 17 weeks and then again about 5 days ago as well as passing a huge clot. Bleeding during pregnancy does not always mean pregnancy loss. It's terrifying I know, but think it's more common than people think. My doctor thinks my bleeding is because a corner of my placenta has torn and a vein or something underneath it keeps bleeding. He said it's like when you make a pancake and lift a corner of it up, the corner you lift up is not going to stick back to the pan. They cannot see this on the ultrasound but this is what he thinks happened. He says you can have even 50% of the placenta lift up and you will still be fine. Hang in there girl. My heart goes out to you because I have been there too. Glad to hear everything looked good and keep us posted. Were all here hoping for you. I'll bet you're just fine.
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,

Yesterday we saw the sonographer who happens to be one of the nicest ladies I have met! She took 45 mins to go over everything with me. We found baby was looking good was measuring 2 days bigger than my dates. Heard the heart beat for the first time, which had my husband fill with tears after the panicked and sleepless night before it was such a happy moment. My cervix was closed and she could see nothing that would signal a problem.

We saw the second sac though that was now quite small and she thinks when I switched progesterone my leavels dropped and allowed the second sac to come away a bit.

No blood since! I am so happy!

Had a horrid 7 hour car ride home last night and as it is rainy season where I live the rough road was awful! I swear I am going to be housebound because I live 45 mins from a Tarmac road and until we reach 12 weeks I am taking no more risks of being jiggled around in a car! I have been indulgent and stayed in bed all day today, just need to relax!

Growing little humans is tiring work! I was thinking although only 8 weeks I have been doing fertility treatment for 2 months before.. Anyone else realize that, IVF mums have to go through the pregnancy stuff for so much longer.. I feel like I started pregnancy tired! Instead of being at my energy prime, it is after the crazy emotional battle of IVF ( in my case x2) ... I kept feeling like surely it's been more than 8 weeks.. but in many ways it has been more, more of the hormones and craziness of ups and downs!

Ah off on another IF side thought, but maybe you feel the same?

Thanks for the support @przemosbabe. Are you based in SA your picture looks like one of those dolls that I found all over SA when I visited.. But I could be wrong the picture is tiny on my phone screen!

• Options
    @somewhereinafrica the picture in my profile is totally a South African fertility doll! :) I'm surprised and pleased you recognized it for what it was :) I believe it has brought me some good fortune. :) I'm so very glad to hear that things are looking good for you and will look forward to redwing your updates on here through the next 8 months! Sending internet hugs.
  • Options
    So happy for you and your little bean!!!!!!
    And I completely understand you're thinking it cannot be only 8 weeks along.
    This past cycle took us three months instead of 2 to complete due to needing a procedure in the middle to fix the uterus before the transplant. Really, ivf mommies are in it for 11-12 months but we are so blessed our journey has finally found a happy ending.
  • Options
    @przemosbabe I had my IVF done in SA and brought one for myself not knowing what it was for! I also went to a market there and brought this beautiful beaded statue the guy said it was from Cameroon so when I got home I googled it, and it only happened to be another fertility doll! I must have been putting out some crazy broody vibes!

@MrsBwIVF wow 3 months of it yikes! That's a kicker! Your right we do end up with a '12 month pregnancy' I know I am certainly all the stronger and dare I say better for it and my empathy for others going through any tough time that takes away their control or vision they had for their future, is sky high after this. I definitely lost my more judgmental outlook having had my walk with infertility!

• Options
    So thrilled to hear you had such a great scan! Wonderful news. You've definitely earned the chance to rest and indulge with a day in bed.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15