2nd Trimester

How many weeks Can you find out the gender ?

When did everyone find out the gender of their baby?

Re: How many weeks Can you find out the gender ?

• delujm0 said:

You have four options:

-Wait for the birth: 100% accurate
    -first tri genetic testing: 95%+ accurate, but often pricey and not covered by insurance
    -anatomy scan: usually between 18-22 weeks, very accurate
    -elective ultrasound: pay out of pocket, as early as 14 weeks, accuracy is less the earlier you go and steadily climbs, but still not as accurate as your AS which is done by a medically trained tech (not always the case at elective places)

I found out at the AS at 18w.

Also, it's "sex" not "gender."

All of this: bravo!!!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • You cant find out the gender until your LO is old enough to tell you. 

I found out the sex at 10 weeks because I had to have some genetic testing done. An U/S might be able to tell you at 18 weeks if the baby is in the correct position.
  • I am 12 weeks today, and my doctor's office actually JUST called me with the gender. I had the blood test screening to check for Down Syndrome (since I'll be 35 when baby is born), and she told me the gender. I can't wait to tell my hubby tonight!!!

I am so excited!!!
    Our angel... M/C 5/19/11 AT 9 WEEKS TTC since 7/1/11....fingers crossed!!!
  • My 20 week ultrasound showed that there's no possible way that I'm having anything but a girl!! The doctor is 100% sure.
  • Soo exciting ! I have my Down syndrome ultrasound check on Friday! I will be 12 weeks and 5 days can't wait to find out baby's sex but I'm happy to wait until longer was going to have a 3d ultrasound at 16 weeks also ! This is my first baby didn't realise how scary it would be been so worried this whole trimester just wanting everything to be okay . Is anyone doing a gender reveal party for their family :)?
  • Soo exciting ! I have my Down syndrome ultrasound check on Friday! I will be 12 weeks and 5 days can't wait to find out baby's sex but I'm happy to wait until longer was going to have a 3d ultrasound at 16 weeks also ! This is my first baby didn't realise how scary it would be been so worried this whole trimester just wanting everything to be okay . Is anyone doing a gender reveal party for their family :)?
    No. My friends and family would be just as happy to learn the baby's sex by phone call, rather than take hours out of their weekend to learn how the baby will pee. 
  • delujm0delujm0 member

Soo exciting ! I have my Down syndrome ultrasound check on Friday! I will be 12 weeks and 5 days can't wait to find out baby's sex but I'm happy to wait until longer was going to have a 3d ultrasound at 16 weeks also ! This is my first baby didn't realise how scary it would be been so worried this whole trimester just wanting everything to be okay . Is anyone doing a gender reveal party for their family :)?

Just a note...the standard 12 week NT scan and associated blood screening will NOT tell you the sex. You have to have the full genetic testing bloodwork to get that infirmation. That is often only covered by insurance if you are high risk.
  • rue:Drue:D member
    We will hopefully find out the sex at our 19w anatomy scan tomorrow.
  • Yay how exciting ! Good Luck
  • 20wk ultrasound for us!
  • No gender reveal party here. To each their own, but it's not my style. I'll just be telling folks when they ask.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018