April 2015 Moms
Options

Sleep schedule?

whats your nighttime sleep schedule like? I know everyone is different!

My LO is EBF and almost 7 weeks and sleeping roughly from 11-430, then 530-830. Not too bad! I was told not to let him sleep longer and am nervous because of milk production.

Re: Sleep schedule?

• Options
    DD's schedule is pretty much the same as that unless she's thrown way off for some reason. Some days she goes to the 11-2 then 2:30-6, totally random though!
  • Options
    Once asleep Henry sleeps for 3-4 hrs , I'm fine with that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    niespniesp member
    My son sleeps 9-10 pm-1 or 2am, is up for a half hour max and goes down until we all wake up at 5:30-6am! He is 4 weeks.
  • Options
    @niesp My son is basically the same, usually asleep by 9, up between 12 and 2, then back to sleep until around 5. After that he sometimes sleeps until 7, otherwise I put him in bed with me and he will sleep until 8 or 9 usually. He's almost 5 weeks.
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Options
    niespniesp member
    @danielle1290 isn't it a wonderful schedule... This is our first and we feel so lucky!
  • Options
    First stretch is the longest, usually 10-2, sometimes 3. Then usually up again at 5 or 6. Your body will adjust to the baby's schedule, so don't worry about milk production unless you're trying to work up a milk stash. In that case, set an alarm to wake up in the middle of the night and pump. I have a good stash built up already, so I am starting to pump at 2AM when hubs gives her a bottle, and just after her first morning feeding.
  • Options
    My baby is 6 weeks and sleeps through the night. During the day he eats every 3 hours, but the times change. Sometimes he will be down for the night around 10 but sometimes his last feeding won't be until 11 or 12. He wakes up usually around 7:30 but sometimes will go until 9. Our dr said it was fine not to wake them; if they're hungry, they'll let you know.
  • Options
    u are all so lucky! My baby girl is 4 weeks and has no schedule! She's up usually between 3-7 am just screaming and crying. During the day she is up a lot and then will just sleep hard in the afternoon. I've tried keeping her up in the afternoon to sleep longer at night but she won't, she will literally fall asleep whatever we are doing. Very frustrating
  • Options
    CaileybugCaileybug member
    edited May 2015
    My son is 4 weeks old. We did have him in a bassinet in our room and he woke up every 2 hours but the past two nights we've tried his crib in the nursery and he's been doing much better. I let him sleep on his stomach and he has been sleeping 3+ hours at a time. I know it's not recommended to have them on their belly but his neck is already very strong and we have an Angel Care monitor with mattress sensor. So grateful for the extra sleep! I nurse him between 7-8pm and he sleeps until 11pm. Then he's up between 2-3am to nurse, again around 5:30am, then up for good around 8am.
  • Options
    My little girl is 8 weeks old. She goes down around 9-10pm, wakes up to eat around 3am, then right back to sleep until 8am or so. So no complaints here! Fingers crossed she stays this easy.
  • Options
    My little girl is 7 weeks and goes down between 7-7.30pm until about 3am and then back down within 30 mins and up again for 7am.
  • Options
    My son goes down between 9 and 10 and usually wakes around 3 or 4 for a bottle and goes right back down until 7 or 8. This morning though he didn't wake up until 6:30 and I definitely enjoyed sleeping until my alarm clock went off for work. 

• Options
    My son goes down about 10ish and is up an hour after he falls asleep without fail it's like clock work but he's usually only up for about half an hour. Then he crashes until 2 or so and then wakes up about 5-6 for changing and feeding then I bring him in bed with me until about 8 or 9 depends if his half siblings will let us sleep (usually not) My boy is 8 weeks!  
  • Options
    My daughter is 4 weeks and has day/ night kinda figured out. It can take 3 hours to put her down for a nap during the day. I try so hard after she has been up an hour to calm her for her nap but fights it so hard that she becomes over tired which makes the crying harder and louder. She sleeps from 8-10pm to about 2am most nights. Things are changing again so she is waking to feed every 2-3 hours at night. No day is the same as the other. Is that normal?
  • Options
    danielle1290danielle1290 member
    edited June 2015
    @niesp Yes, I feel very lucky that he sleeps that well! It was a very welcomed change from the first couple of nights when he was up until about 4 or 5 in the morning :(
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Options
    Manders71208Manders71208 member
    edited June 2015
    My LO is 6 weeks and (knock on wood) I feel okay with her night schedule. I try to put her down around 8-9 each night, and make sure she is up by 9am. She usually wakes up 1-2 times for feedings (around 3 and 6am). What I am struggling with is her nap schedule during the day. I've been tracking her sleep so I can try to find a common pattern, but she is all over the place. I make sure to feed her at least every 3 hours (although it is usally every 2 hours) and when she does nap, I don't let her sleep more than 3 hours. All that to ask -- should I be trying harder to put her on a nap schedule? I have just been putting her down whenever she falls asleep on her own. Also, I've seen differing opinions on how many naps she should take. She has been taking a morning and afternoon nap -- with a few 15 minute snoozes here and there.
  • Options

My LO is 6 weeks and (knock on wood) I feel okay with her night schedule. I try to put her down around 8-9 each night, and make sure she is up by 9am. She usually wakes up 1-2 times for feedings (around 3 and 6am). What I am struggling with is her nap schedule during the day. I've been tracking her sleep so I can try to find a common pattern, but she is all over the place. I make sure to feed her at least every 3 hours (although it is usally every 2 hours) and when she does nap, I don't let her sleep more than 3 hours. All that to ask -- should I be trying harder to put her on a nap schedule? I have just been putting her down whenever she falls asleep on her own. Also, I've seen differing opinions on how many naps she should take. She has been taking a morning and afternoon nap -- with a few 15 minute snoozes here and there.

My baby is 7 weeks today and has been sleeping through the night since 5&1/2 weeks (praising God!). We let him nap whenever and how long he wishes (the dr's said this was perfectly fine). His naps are different each day and never seem to be consistent. However, we do a routine each night for his last feeding. His last feeding will be anywhere between 9:30-11. We give him a bath, fresh diaper and lotion, feed him, and then swaddle him and put him down. We only swaddle him at night and darken the room so he differentiates day and night. It has been working for us, even with not controlling his naps.
  • Options
    @mdaugherty8 - Wow! How about in the morning? Do you have a time that you wake up, or do you let him dictate? My LO usually wakes up around 6 or 7 to eat and will sometimes go back to sleep. I make sure to wake her up by 9, but have wondered if I would be okay letting her sleep until she wakes up.
  • Options

My daughter is 4 weeks and has day/ night kinda figured out. It can take 3 hours to put her down for a nap during the day. I try so hard after she has been up an hour to calm her for her nap but fights it so hard that she becomes over tired which makes the crying harder and louder. She sleeps from 8-10pm to about 2am most nights. Things are changing again so she is waking to feed every 2-3 hours at night. No day is the same as the other. Is that normal?

Yes this is normal! They are growing and changing so fast just when you think it is all sorted they will change!

• Options

@mdaugherty8 - Wow! How about in the morning? Do you have a time that you wake up, or do you let him dictate? My LO usually wakes up around 6 or 7 to eat and will sometimes go back to sleep. I make sure to wake her up by 9, but have wondered if I would be okay letting her sleep until she wakes up.

We let him dictate when we wake up. It's usually pretty consistent around 6:30-7, although once or twice it has been around 8:30. My nurses in the hospital along with the pediatrician have assured me that it's ok to let them sleep, that when they are hungry they will let us know. :)