July 2015 Moms
Options

Raegan or Reagan

I like raegan better but my family feels as if people would I didn't know how to spell it. For my lil girl coming any comments!!

Re: Raegan or Reagan

• Options
    I've never personally known anyone with the name and had no idea it's "supposed to be" spelled Reagan. I personally like it the way you do, but it may cause difficulty growing up and everyone spelling it wrong- then again our children are being born into a generation where majority of kids are being named with uncommon names or spelling of names.
  • Options
    Raegan spelled that way seems more of a feminine spelling. I like it that way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only ever seen it as Regan. But between your two options I like your way better.
  • Options
    gotdiesel2007gotdiesel2007 member
    edited June 2015
    Only way I've seen it is Reagan. Personally no preference
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    I like them both :) you can even play around with the spelling, Raygan, Raygen, Raegin...its a pretty name, I like it :)
  • Options
    biaromoybiaromoy member
    edited June 2015
    Pronunciation is different isn't it ? Reagan is pronounced as ree-gan and Raegan is pronounced as ray-gan at least that's how I've always seen it
  • Options
    I love this name!

It's a medieval name; one that I've read in textbooks before (as a woman's first name).  

Raegan has more of an historical appeal.  But I would choose Reagan if you're American, because most folks here don't read medieval literature and might not be familiar with the name except in its Presidential inception.  Reagan feels more traditional to the States.

Most importantly, use the name YOU like!!!
  • Options
    My cousin named her daughter this. I personally don't like it at all for a little girl no matter how it's spelled. Honest opinion. It sounds like a man's name every time I hear it.
  • Options
    Lol, honestly it's nice to get other people's opinions, but that's what they are just opinions! Not everyone will like the name or its spelling, and they can say No , don't name her that, but that decision is up to you. Even if I didn't prefer your spelling, I would say the same. Your family won't like everything you do or the way you do it. Lots of people play around with different spellings, and if you do, it doesn't mean everyone will think you're stupid. I'm sure some will think it's unique!
    And the people that have a problem with spelling it that way, will only think about it a few short minutes , but you will always have your daughter and be aware of what you chose.
    wheresilenceismusic said , choose what you like- I completely agree!

• Options
    kamio92kamio92 member
    edited June 2015
    It's your choice!!

Your perfered spelling makes me think of Game of Thrones and Ray-go. Haha! I know that isn't the pronunciation but I do love how it looks as Raegan.

Only thing I'd say is people WILL stumble reading her name out. It can get frustrating as a kid and adult. But I think Raegan is beautiful :D
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Options
    I love the name. I prefer Reagan though. To me Raegan looks like a typo.
  • Options
    I know a Reagan (went to school with her, so she's around 30!) and it fits her nicely. Pronounced "ray-gehn" like the president. 
  • Options
    I think I prefer Reagan. Both would be fine I think. I kinda agree with PP that it could look like a typo. My name is spelled "wrong" to most people also-- Keirsten instead of Kiersten. I like the way my name looks better because it's the only way I have known it but you better believe that it gets spelled wrong all the time lol.
  • Options
    I don't find Dead Presidents cute. I'd keep looking.
  • Options
    This is the name I had picked out if I was having a little girl! I like Raegan much better... I just couldn't get past spelling it Reagan because to me it should read Ree-gan. I love the name! I would spell it Raegan!
  • Options
    So I like Raegan but just know the struggles your kid will have growing up. My mom spelled my name Ashly, with no 'e'. People always mispell it, which you can't blame them. I can never find any personalized gifts with my spelling. And I always have to correct any documents I come across. Its tiring correcting people...I just end up giving up.
  • Options
    I prefer Reagan as I also feel Raegan looks like a typo. But please, whatever you do, do not go all you-neek with the spelling and throwing random letters like 'Y' in there as PP suggested Raygan -- eek!!!!
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love "Raegan" it sounds like - "Ray-gen"  
    I see Reagan, and it think of "Ree-gen"

unless that's how you are pronouncing it lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    "Cannot stand the president last name as girls first name trend. Raegan is awful. Your child has to be a woman someday, think past this baby-5 year old stage. There are SO many real names to choose from, misspelling her name will not made her unique or stand out - her awesome personality will! Give her a name that doesn't make people roll their eyes when they see it printed."
    SnarkasaurusRexfghmama6701cls2015wassuphoeserinnlou

crf4 -- What a horrible thing to post!  Shame on you and all who "liked" this response.  Estacia72815 did not ask whether you like the name.  She already chose it.  She only wanted to know which spelling people prefer.  Talk about personality and making people roll their eyes!  Please find a way to contribute something supportive to your pregnant peers.
  • Options
    The English language is whack
  • Options
    As a teacher please do not get all crazy with the spelling. Kids are ruthless and teachers ((mostly subs)) will butcher names when they are new to the classroom. Stick with Reagan if you're set on that name..
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers