High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Heart palpitations

I'm 33 weeks and for the last 3 days I've been having heart palpitations quite often... Anyone else?

Re: Heart palpitations

• Options
    Hi :) you can talk to your doctor if you are concerned or feel the palpitations are uncomfortable or coming on too frequently but palpitations every now and then are normal due to the increased blood flow. I have 2 heart conditions, one of which causes SVT (aka rapid palpitations) and i had many episodes while pregnant. I basically went in for an echo and ekg to make sure all was well and I was perfectly fine. Just keep an eye on it and let your OB or MFM know what's going on.
  • Options
    I have heart palpitations while not pregnant and this has greatly increased during pregnancy. I had it checked out by cardiologist.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got checked out by my OB and will be getting a holter monitor for 24hrs this week, I'm quite tachy even when I'm not having the PVC's so she wants to catch them before medicating me with a beta blocker but will probably end up doing so to regulate my HR
  • Options
    They're pregnancy related for me, but still scary! That's actually one off my first symptoms, before I even have a positive test.
  • Options
    I had this in my first pregnancy and now in my second. Mine is from being severely anemic. I'd check your iron levels.