January 2015 Moms

Napping

Anyone have ideas on how to have my 4 mo baby girl nap without cuddling with me? I feel like I might be holding her too much? Thanks

Re: Napping

• nklynkly member
    Could you try putting her in a swing? My lo sleeps well in her crib at night, but for naps likes to feel snuggled up, so the swing helps when I need my arms to myself!
  • acorbyacorby member
    edited May 2015
    Just my opinion, but I don't think it's possible to hold a 4mo too much!
  • Loading the player...
  • my 4 mo old will only nap on me.  Sleeps in her crib at night, but will instantly wake up if i try to put her down in the day.  I just grab a snack, glass of water & my computer.. Her nap is my sitting time.  I use an Ergo carrier if i have things to do, she sleeps good in there too!
  • My little one refuses to nap anywhere but in my arms ( or in the car or pram) during the day- but definitely not the cot!!! I've stopped trying to make her nap in the cot now as it's just too stressful for both of us! Feel like I spend a long time just sitting around with her but I love it!
  • We moved out little one to his crib around 2 months.  In the beginning we used a white noise app on our phone playing over a blue tooth speaker, which seemed to make the transition easier.  Now it's the only place he really naps well.  In the beginning his naps were short and it was frustrating, but keep at it, if you want to make it work you need to keep on a routine.  At least in my opinion...