June 2015 Moms

"Push Presents"

Just wondering if anyone knows if their getting a present or if they intend on giving SO/DH a present after baby has arrived

Re: "Push Presents"

• There has been a lot of discussion about this in previous threads, if you search you will find some great answers.....but I will add, a push present is for the pusher! Ha
  • Loading the player...
  • I wasn't expecting one but I think my sister in law put the idea into my husbands head about getting me one. If I do get something, I would love it to be something related to my LO, like his birthstone. We now know he will for sure be a June baby.
  • No push presents here. Actually we don't really do the gift giving thing even for bdays, valentine's day, etc. But, I bought myself a gift (which I never do). I bought a gold bar necklace with with both my boys names engraved. :)
  • MommaswizzMommaswizz member
    edited June 2015
    DH and I had discussed another diamond band (since my wedding band hasn't fit for the last few months) as a possible "push present" but he got it for me for mother's day. So I kind of feel like I need to do good for him for father's day. I was hoping to go into labor on Father's day and just give him a baby but I might need to plan just in case that's not the day it goes down lol. Everything I've researched as far as a "first father's day" gift has been super cheesy. I was thinking a cheesy tshirt would be fun for the hospital but i feel like i need to do something more substantial since i got new bling. If anyone has any good ideas, i'd love to hear them!

ETA: Spelling
  • I would love a postnatal massage. And I will book that myself if necessary!
  • We didn't do any push presents. I did get DH a keepsake daddy thingy when our first DD was born.

Poem pictures below, I made it up nicer
  • I would like to get a push present, but I'm not expecting one. I am get DH a kick ass father's day present, and I just missed out on mother's day, so it would be nice. Not expected though. I'll probably forget all about it in the moment. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm getting DH a Father's Day present because it's only a few days before our due date and he's been kind of amazing, but I think I'd be mad if he got me anything big. I just want him to be there, not pass out (or try really hard not to pass out), and keep being awesome. This baby didn't happen all because of me, he gave me a son too.

Even if I'm doing all of the heavy lifting right now.
  • I didn't get a push present after my first DD, but I did buy myself a new LV. Does that count? Ha.
  • i think a push present would be soo nice. ive honestly had a really hard time being pregnant. a piece of jewelry would be lovely. something with all our birthstones. (DH and i have the same one) but im not about to bring up anything. i think it would take away from the meaning? its hard to explain, i hate asking DH for cute presents cause it seems like it would mean more if he got it for me cause he thought it would be cute. maybe thats just my anxiety and not wanting to be an inconvenience.
    i would just as easily accept some frozen yogurt or chocolate ;)
  • aj1327aj1327 member

i think a push present would be soo nice. ive honestly had a really hard time being pregnant. a piece of jewelry would be lovely. something with all our birthstones. (DH and i have the same one) but im not about to bring up anything. i think it would take away from the meaning? its hard to explain, i hate asking DH for cute presents cause it seems like it would mean more if he got it for me cause he thought it would be cute. maybe thats just my anxiety and not wanting to be an inconvenience.

This is me too. I won't bring it up or ask. Most likely I won't get anything, but I am going to ask for sushi from my favorite place!
  • i think a push present would be soo nice. ive honestly had a really hard time being pregnant. a piece of jewelry would be lovely. something with all our birthstones. (DH and i have the same one) but im not about to bring up anything. i think it would take away from the meaning? its hard to explain, i hate asking DH for cute presents cause it seems like it would mean more if he got it for me cause he thought it would be cute. maybe thats just my anxiety and not wanting to be an inconvenience.

This is also me. We don't do gifts anyways under normal circumstances (holidays, birthdays, anniversaries) so why should this be any different? He's usually a pretty good guy, tho, he may get something small that brightens my day (ice cream, pb cookies from my fav bakery, something like that)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I don't really do presents either. The only thing I have asked for after birth is to go to a restaurant and get myself a nice big medium to medium-well steak and a glass of wine then this will be one excited chick-a-dee.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited June 2015

My husband is getting baby without doing the work. I'm getting jewelry. Husband recently put a pretty big charge to Tiffany's on the credit card, so I'm either getting jewelry or a divorce because my husband is having an affair.

LOL. I've mentioned jewelry in the past but I'm taking 4 months off unpaid and taking a big cut in pay when I go back (not by choice) so I told him not to get me anything. But I'd love to be surprised!
    My dad got my mom a Rolex when I was born and it was really special when she gifted it to me a couple years ago. she didn't get anything for my siblings though.