May 2015 Moms

Breast feeding constantly

i feel like all I do is breast feed when the baby is awake. He's not happy unless he is latched. Am I feeding too much?

Re: Breast feeding constantly

• He's likely not eating the entire time, but comfort sucking. Make sure he's actually eating. You'll have to bug him a bit by tickling his feet and neck to keep him actively sucking. Look at you tube videos to learn how to tell the difference between swallowing and just sucking. There are sounds and jaw movements that can differentiate between the two

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How often are you feeding? He might be going through a growth spurt and cluster feeding. My LO has been feeding every 2 hours for the past 18 hours. I'm exhausted. But I'm guessing he's just going through a growth spurt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Constant nursing is pretty normal at this stage. They tend to nurse more when they are hitting a spurt, the longer/more they nurse, the more it signals your body to produce for your baby and their upcoming needs. my LO has been constantly nursing for the past 3 weeks going on 4. It is time consuming, and I will admit sometimes I wish I had longer in between feedings, but it WILL get better as they get bigger. ;) if he wants to nurse, let him nurse, for however long he wants.

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker