December 2015 Moms
Options

baby brain

anyone else having short term memory lost.....I have it a lot....will this go on through the rest of my pregnancy??

Re: baby brain

• Options
    I missed my exit at least twice a week when going to school in the beginning. Now I can't remember what I was watching when a commercial comes on.  :\">

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's made me a ditz...we were going out to dinner with some friends and I looked up the place and called and made a reservation and once we got there I realized I made a reservation at the wrong place and one of the couples that were meeting us were at that wrong place n had already ordered drinks.... #:-S I had to go n apologize n tell them we needed to cancel the reservation and the couple finished their drinks real quick so we could go to the right place... The wrong place was crazy expensive so we definitely couldn't stay. Felt so stupid!
  • Options
    The struggle is real ladies!! I was trying to make a grocery list this afternoon. Looked at a recipe, found 2 things I needed and forgot them before I got it written down! My boss told someone the other day that "pregnant April is just not the same as regular April". (She is awesome and meant it in the nicest possible way - she remembers from my last pregnancy). I'm pretty forgetful anyway, but lately it's been terrible!!
  • Options
    mine is bad sometime I go to the other room to get something and when I get there I totally forget what I was getting... and other stuff like that
  • Options
    I forget things even with a grocery list!! Eek.  But I can remember totally irrelevant things from 5 or more years ago...I'm hoping this gets better in the 2nd trimester.

Oh and to top it off I'm ADD and dyslexic (can't take my meds for ADD either) so yup DH loves giving me a "hard time"...note it's all in good fun seems how he's ADD & dyslexic too (does this mean LO will be "normal"!?)  \:D/
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I forgot where i put my engagement ring and now it's been two days and we can't find it :( and I never just take it off without putting it in to holder. Just adds insult to injury :(
  • Options
    I forgot where I left my purse 2 times this week. At a furniture store and at my parents house.
  • Options
    Just left a stack of tests and essays on my dinning room table. I was supposed to return them to my students today... Oops. I was preoccupied with what snacks I have left in the staffroom fridge :\">
  • Options

I forget things even with a grocery list!! Eek.  But I can remember totally irrelevant things from 5 or more years ago...I'm hoping this gets better in the 2nd trimester.

Oh and to top it off I'm ADD and dyslexic (can't take my meds for ADD either) so yup DH loves giving me a "hard time"...note it's all in good fun seems how he's ADD & dyslexic too (does this mean LO will be "normal"!?)  \:D/

I'm dyslexic too!! Dyslexics untie! Hehe
  • Options
    0000ww now I don't feel alone...I hope it gets better in the second trimester....but probuly not until the baby is born??
  • Options
    I poured my husbands creamer in my juice instead of his coffee
  • Options
    I literally feel my brain shrinking lol! I forget why I go into rooms, forget conversations, and my vocabulary is shrinking every day. I also started a new job in January that takes about 6 months to fully learn and I forget more than I remember of it every day.. awh well. 
  • Options
    I had to run to the grocery store 3 times the other day because I didn't write down my list of 4 items and kept forgetting why I was even there. I did manage to get ice cream during each trip though lol. I'd go for cotton balls....forget that I needed cotton balls, and think I probably just need ice cream.. 
  • Options
    CMDDCMDD member
    0000ww now I don't feel alone...I hope it gets better in the second trimester....but probuly not until the baby is born??
    my friend says it lasts throughout pregnancy and then throughout breastfeeding.
  • Options

CMDD I figured that was the case...thanks every one 

• Options
    It definitely lasts throughout pregnancy and then some. 

I'm worst at work. I can usually remember all my "to do" list, but I have to write down EVERYTHING now. Seriously, every little thing or I forget. :(  I need to tell my boss I'm preg soon. 

imageimage

• Options
    I'm a server, and the type who never has a need to write down a thing, because I'll always remember it. Sometimes even when I'm not working. Recently though, I've had to go back to my guests, apologize, make the baby brain excuse (even though I'm far from showing) and hope that they haven't written me off as crazy or stupid for not writing it down in the first place. I can't stand pulling out my pad and paper, but it looks like I'm going to need to if this continues!

I also drained some corn yesterday, but forgot to do it over the sink. There I was, standing in my kitchen with corn juice everywhere. 11 weeks down everybody.. oh boy