TTC after 35

I'm back....for those who remembered me & a reintro for those who don't know me (child mentioned)

Hi all. I took a little break from the group. I was still TTC#2 all the while. I've been busy adjusting to being a homeowner for the first time. I can't recall the last time I check in on you ladies. Congrats to all the BFP's I missed & good luck to all of us.

Brief history for the newbies that don't know me. DH & I have an 8 yr old DS. I'm 38 DH is 40. We've been TTC fir #2 for 4 years off and on. But for the past year and a half it's been cycle after cycle of trying.

In September of 2013 my ob put me on clomid w/o monitoring. I did 3 cycles of it, then I found this forum. A lot of ladies educated me that taking that drug unmonitored can be deadly. So I stopped and attempted help from a RE. He did the basic and was as useless as my ob. After two cycles with him I still didn't have any answers to why I couldn't TTC naturally .

I then started temping and found another RE. I found out I have a short LP. DH also found out that he has low testosterone & low morphology.

Last July we did 1 cycle of iui with clomid resulting in a BFN. I'm aware that most don't conceive the first time around with 1 iui. We only did 1 cycle because we didn't want any type of artificial assistance and money. So 2 cycles with the new RE (who I loved), we couldn't afford treatment with the upcoming purchase of the house because fertility treatment was an oop expense for us. so I stopped and decided to ttc w/o help of a doctor. Months later and still no BFP sadly .

In October of 2014 I started accupuncture for TTC purposes. It definitely relieves me of stress while I'm doing it for fertility reasons. Before the year is up we will consider at least 2 iui' cycles because we both really would like another child and we aren't getting any younger.

I'm currently in the dreaded TWW cd9, I'm hoping this is our cycle

Thanks for reading and good luck nesties.

Re: I'm back....for those who remembered me & a reintro for those who don't know me (child mentioned)

• Hey @C_Girlie. So glad you are back.
    Hope everything in the new house is going smoothly. But now you can focus on the baby making ;).
    It's good you found an RE that you like.
    Welcome back

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Thx @hooligans4 and once again congrats on your BFP!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • welcome back!  Glad you found an RE that you really like -- makes all the difference in the world.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Welcome back @C_Girlie!  I hope you get your BFP very soon! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • FemShepFemShep member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • Hi old friend. YGPM!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Krisd6Krisd6 member
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Welcome (back)!
  • @URMySunshine77 it's been a while how have you been? Btw what does YGPM mean?
  • Hi lady! It means "You've Got a Private Message." Let me know if it didn't come through.

We are OK. In the middle of 15th cycle (two benched) and pondering our next steps. My saline sono HSG came through clear this cycle, but I still need to get DH in for a SA. Then we'll decide what to do.

I hope you've settled into your new home.

• Hey Girl!!!!!! Ive been absent for a bit too but planning on jumping back into being active. My life has been crazy as well (i will post about that tonight when i have a moment to read up on the goings on and post) We can jump back in together! Nice to see you!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Welcome back @KirstenAlecia! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Hi @URMySunshine77 yes I finally read the pm. As soon as I'm done here I will check out the other board. Your DH has done a SA in the past right? Is it just a check up to make sure everything is still ok. So what's up next(what are you thinking about doing)?

Yes we have nicely settled into our house. We have been working hard to make the yard look good. We recently started painting the inside of the house to choices of our colors. The house was move-in-ready but we need to tweak a few things.

Hi @KirstenAlecia welcome back to you too. I look forward to reading an update status.
  • Still trying to convince DH to get a SA. He has been dragging his feet. Those results will be the final piece of information we need to determine the next step (if any).