January 2016 Moms
Options

Constantly hungry 7w3d

Had weight loss surgery 8 months ago; surgeon knows I'm pregnant and not that happy with it, but it is what it is.

I'm constantly hungry. Saw a NUT and she gave me a diet plan for the pregnancy, but I'm still hungry passed that. We had dinner last night around 630, I had a half rack of ribs.. This morning I woke up at 8 and I could of ate a horse.

Surely this is normal; but if I'm only 7 weeks now what will the rest of my pregnancy be like??

Answers

• Options
    It's normal especially in the beginning. I was starving around 5am every days for the first trimester. I would eat a fruit cup and a granola bar or cheese stick to settle my stomach.
  • Options
    I start my 7w tomorrow. I am hungry all the time too! & when I don't eat I get nauseous. I'm in that boat with you! Just try to make sure the things you are eating to curb that hunger are healthy from you & baby! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I track my food using a fitness app so that I only eat the same amount of calories I burn. When I want snacks I try to go for fruits and veggies so it's healthy. Good luck! I think there is another thread with other moms who had weight loss surgery - try to search for it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    emzie54emzie54 member

I track my food using a fitness app so that I only eat the same amount of calories I burn. When I want snacks I try to go for fruits and veggies so it's healthy. Good luck! I think there is another thread with other moms who had weight loss surgery - try to search for it?

What fitness ap do you use? I've been using my fitness pal, but it doesn't seem to have a place where you can enter that you are pregnant so that it can adjust vitamins, nutrients and calories accordingly. I changed my goal from losing to maintaining, and now it allows for what seems like a ridiculously high number of calories. I am feeling confused about food, and feel like I need to meet with a nutritionist.
  • Options

Really?? I never would of thought there would be a board for that! Thank you, I'll look!
  • Options
    emzie54 I use Jawbone Up with Glow Nurture. I put everything in Jawbone and it syncs up to Glow. Glow has some limited food data but enough if you are used to food tracking. Basically just eat as many calories as you burn at most during the first tri. No need for extra calories till the second tri. Ovia also has some great food tracking built in but I didn't want to start on a new app. Your insurance might pay for a nutritionist, so try checking that out. This is a great website for figuring out what to eat. https://www.choosemyplate.gov/pregnancy-breastfeeding.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    I'm a little past 6 weeks, and I'm hungry all the time too! I'm trying my best to limit myself with healthier foods, but those darn sweet cravings are killing me! Fruit sometimes just doesn't cut it and a bowl of ice cream is just the perfect snack.
    I read that the first trimester is when you have the cravings and they'll subside in the second trimester. Has anyone else read or heard that's accurate?
  • Options
    I am in the same boat regarding weight loss surgery. I ended up doing some research and it is hormones. What type of surgery did you have?
  • Options
    @Knottie44979166 I had the sleeve done 9/24/14