July 2015 Moms

"How are you going to make it?!" & Moving at 37 Weeks

First things first, at least once a day, I get at least one person that simply cannot believe that I'm not due until the end of July. How on Earth will I ever make it, they ask, or they just say, 'Gosh, you're big!' It's my third baby in three year... what the heck do they expect?! :)

Next, my husband and I are in the process of buying a house! We found one we just happen to fall in love with even though we weren't necessarily looking. And now that has us scheduled to move in about two weeks before I'm due. Even if you have to lie to me, just tell me I'm not crazy and everything will be fine!

How is everyone else's third trimester going???

Re: "How are you going to make it?!" & Moving at 37 Weeks

• You're not crazy and everything will be fine !!! :-< lol
  • You will totally be fine! We close in our house tomorrow! And it needs paint and a little repair.(I'm scheduled for C section July 6)
    It's gonna be great. Perfect time to purge stuff you don't need and get prepared for the new baby. Good luck and congrats in house and baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Can't pass on true love! Lol! Good luck with everything!
  • It's going to be okay I'm doing the Danes, just with a little more stress, just found out I'm going to be moving into new house the week I'm due.. The first plan was suppose to be a month before the due date
  • Everything will be fine. We were planning a move to a different country six weeks after my due date but decided I will stay back with the three kids for a few months so its not so crazy and it makes more financial sense so now I just get to live apart from DH for six months.   But it is totally doable.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• A coworker of mine closed the day she delivered. Thankfully she was scared that may happen so had signed power of attorney over to her husband so he could sign the closing documents in her absence. (The sellers would not budge on the day). They moved a week after delivery. She just got back to work last week, and while it was crazy, hectic, insane and stressful. They have their new home, their new baby and they're happy!

Just remember that crazy won't last forever, so power through and focus on the end result. A new house and new baby. :).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • New baby and a new house? Yay! Exciting and chaotic...BUT worth it ;)
  • I have been getting the SAME thing! The other day a family friend could NOT get over that I had another month to go before she's here! I'm like geez guy, way to make me feel like a whale!  :-S

AND - we are ALSO in the process of buying a house!! We actually found one and submitted our offer today, we are waiting to hear back. If they accept then our closing date will be right around July 10th.. I'm due July 12th :-O

We are not crazy! - I mean, why not just get all of the big stuff out of the way at once! LOL  :))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are in the same boat, I will be 36w at closing on our new house.  I figure I would rather be pregnant than have a newborn!
  • mers90mers90 member
    You'll be fine! We're building and tried to push to get it done before baby was born but it's not gonna happen, but if they had told me I was ready to move on my due date I would have done it! Nothing live welcoming baby to her house!
  • Me and my boyfriend have been looking for a house to buy since finding out about my pregnancy. It took longer than we wanted and we will hopefully be closing next Friday. I'll be almost 35 weeks with twins I feel your pain. I'm so stressed and living with his family waiting to close is about to kill me. Good luck
  • Just moved 2 weeks ago, due mid July. Take it slow, pack as much as you can ahead of time and lable your boxes well so they can be moved in easily. Look for deals/sales on movers to help with all the lifting. If you can movemove during the week, it will be cheaper than a weekend. Have realistic expectations and don't be afraid to ask friend/family/DH to do things. Don't feel guilty if you get take out/use disposable plates/cups/unensils the weeks around your move, try to keep it simple. I also recommend that you and Dh talk priorities when you move. Our first 2 rooms to get together were our bedroom then the kitchen and we agreed on it so we knew where we were spending our time on moving day once the movers finished bringing in boxes. Breathe, relax and drink water ☺
  • bocc612bocc612 member
    Same boat here! We close on June 26th and I have a scheduled C on July 10th. We are also painting and moving a few walls. Everyone thinks we are crazy too, but we just can't wait to bring the baby home to a new house!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • You are totally going to be fine! Sure it's going to be busy and maybe a little challenging, but my husband and I are doing the same thing! We were going to move the week before the baby is due and now have it schedule for the week after since my family will be in town to help haha.

You totally got this, mama ;)
  • Your just pro active and ambitious...not crazy ;)
  • We are in the same boat! Moving at 36 weeks! You will be just fine! New house for the new baby will be perfect!
  • crf4crf4 member
    The best part about moving while pregnant has got to be the no heavy lifting! Take it easy, everything will work out. Not to mention you know how newborns like to sleep those first few weeks, 3 under three is hard enough but you'll have to just power through nap time to get everything unpacked :)
  • I'm 34 weeks and we are finishing our basement. We have two more weeks to go and the. We have to move all of our things back into the house. It's not crazy just hectic. We really needed the space!
  • We moved last week, I'm 36 weeks (yesterday), you can do it!!! Let people help, and don't sweat the small stuff. :)
  • steebysteeby member
    You will be so fine! We just closed on a house. Agreed, it was very stressful while closing. After we closed I felt so much relief.  A girlfriend of mine in New Orleans closed on her house 2 weeks AFTER birth and her rent had run up. She spent her first 2 weeks with the baby in a hotel!!! She did just fine! We are strong and powerful women!!!!
  • We've been trying to sell our house. Desperate for a chance to purge...so congrats to you. Lots of exciting changes. You don't sound crazy, you sound like a super woman!

My best friend gave birth 5 weeks early last year...two days before they were supposed to move! Friends and family all pitched in and they were settled before the baby was out of the hospital.

Best of luck!