Babies: 3 - 6 Months

PPD??

my LO is 4 1/2 months old. When he was first born, I went through the baby blues...very weepy, happy or sad. But recently, I'm not sure when it started, but I've been feeling overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. That's the best way I can describe it. I know I have so much to do, want to get to it, but just can't bring myself to do it. My husband is great and does so much! Too much! And I still feel like I get annoyed or irritated and then take it out on him. He has planned days all summer (1 date a month) for the 2 of us to be together. I love my family and would do anything for them, I just feel out of sorts and in a funk. I just didn't know if anyone else fad baby blues, they went away and are kind of feeling just not right months later? Or maybe what I'm feeling is totally unrelated and I'm overthinking everything.

Re: PPD??

• Is this your first child? It took me months after having my son to "accept" my new life and find a rhythm. After having my second child, the anxiety set it in and I needed meds.

I think what you are describing is normal for some people but you really should talk to your doctor about ways to cope. Baby blues don't last this long and if you aren't happy with the way you are feeling and acting then talk to someone. Having a kid is really, really hard but hang in there.  

• melissa11015melissa11015 member
    edited June 2015
    Thanks. I just wasn't sure if it is PPD or not. I don't feel this way all the time. It kind of comes and goes in waves. Had a rough night and morning this morning but by midday I was fine and felt like myself again. My husband is in mental health and he suggested going to talk to someone ...how to find the time is the problem. And I guess I just wanted to see how normal or abnormal I was, haha! And yes this is my first child...how can you tell?? ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I just wasn't sure if it is PPD or not. I don't feel this way all the time. It kind of comes and goes in waves. Had a rough night and morning this morning but by midday I was fine and felt like myself again. My husband is in mental health and he suggested going to talk to someone ...how to find the time is the problem. And I guess I just wanted to see how normal or abnormal I was, haha! And yes this is my first child...how can you tell?? ;)

First child or not, tons of us go through the same thing! I was even worse with my second child!

Find the time to talk to someone. That's what I did after having my first baby and it helped me sort out my feelings which was so important. Good luck to you.