Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

How soon to tell husband

So this morning I got the faint plus sign I've been waiting for...I'm worried it could still be a false positive though, so I'm hesitant about sharing the good news with my husband. Any advice on this?

Re: How soon to tell husband

• Options
    CalebsHabibiCalebsHabibi member
    edited May 2015
    Sigh. Take it over to your BMB.

Edited: you to your
  • Options
    SpalexSpalex member
    Take a take a First Response Early Result test and then tell him if that one is positive. Good luck!
    Me: 31 DH: 30
    Married since 8/2013
    TTC #1 since 3/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    johna51johna51 member
    As a male myself I would want to know so you should share the news with him
  • Options
    Who are you?

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options
    Why would you be worried about a false positive? Why would that be what you jump to, and if it is a concern, then why wouldn't you take another test? Why would you ask a bunch of strangers on the Internet?
  • Options
    JizzillJizzill member

Why would you be worried about a false positive? Why would that be what you jump to, and if it is a concern, then why wouldn't you take another test? Why would you ask a bunch of strangers on the Internet?

I could understand all these 'can't decide if it's positive' posts if HPTs were expensive - but for the price of a frappacino you can pee on another stick and it's settled.
  • Options
    rosexmarierosexmarie member
    edited May 2015
    If you are questioning yourself wait a day or two and take another if it is getting darker it is a good sign and I would then share it with him. I hope you find some kind of good advise from all this. While we don't know you guys, I would wait till you get a darker line or go buy a digital as someone else has mentioned. Good luck.
  • Options
    scostanzascostanza member
    edited June 2015
    Good luck! If it were me, I would tell my husband right away, I dont know your relationship though.... I dont know your history, but the fact that you are on this site, means you likely took some time to conceive. Congrats! I am sending positive pregnancy thoughts!

• Options
    I agree - - simple, get another test.  Pink dye.

Also, if you waited 14DPO then it should be sufficient to trust the results (or the accuracy of your eyesight).  False positives are very rare.

If I got any line I would trust it and my husband would probably be sitting next to me while I was reading the test!  
  • Options
    Hey there you too - since you didn't read through this whole thing I'll summarize..

OP did a drive by and is showing no signs of returning. So let's just lay this post to now, shall we?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    image Sorry I had to!
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart