November 2015 Moms
Options

Old wives' tales about sex

This is just for fun, and I know this wives tale is just that; a wives tale but most of the parents at the center I work at have said that its proven to be true for them at least so I was curious, how many of you have experienced the whole less morning sickness = boy and more sickness = girl? Anyone had the opposite where they weren't sick very much and still had a girl and vice versa?

All the parents with multiple children at work have said they were way less sick or didn't get sick at all with their sons but they all did with their daughters.. I'm a FTM and hoping for a boy and since I haven't had much morning sickness I'm hoping this proves to be true for me too lol.

Anyway, I find out on the 17th and I'm very excited, when is everyone else finding out if you haven't already? :)

Re: Old wives' tales about sex

• Options
    Kern91Kern91 member
    I have had two girls and both pregnancies I was not sick at all but with this one I have been horribly sick and puked a few times! Blaaaa so I don't think this is true. Plus other moms have told me they were really sick with boys so who knows.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was miserably sick with all three of my boys. This ones a girl and I havent been so sick, just a little and it maybe lasted for a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was super sick with both my boys (lost well over 15% of my body weight). I'm very sick this time also, but we haven't found out boy/girl yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is my first baby and I was just nauseous but only threw up once. It's a boy! So I guess in my case it was true. My MIL had two boys and was extremely sick with both of them. I think it depends on the person too.
  • Options
    Mine is a boy, im almost 17 weeks and have had no morning sickness.
  • Options
    With my daughter I had no morning sickness to speak of. This baby is a boy and I was extremely sick weeks 8-13. Just a wives tale.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I was nauseous every single day from 6-12 weeks but only actually threw up twice and I'm having a boy.
    Both times I threw up was because I gagged while brushing my tongue while brushing my teeth.
  • Options
    No MS with my 2 girls. I did have some with this one. Don't know sex yet so we will see but so far it's been wrong. All old wives have a 50% chance of being correct.
  • Options
    anneof2anneof2 member
    I had terrible morning sickness with all my pregnancies, and I have only had boys.
  • Options
    My first boy I was extremely sick for the whole 9 months ! And with this boy I'm not sick at all ! With my first I also carried super high, and both my boys have high heart beats ! I craved meat, cheese, pizza burgers, milk and chocolate with my first ... With this boy I crave watermelon, pineapple, ice cream, Popsicles... Every pregnancy is different so none of the old wives tales are true ! Although the Chinese chart was right with my first but wrong with my 2nd ! 50% is all you get !
  • Options
    I was, am still, sick as a dog! HG diagnose and everyone kept saying I was having a girl. I got used to the idea and took all these test to guess the gender. All the test said girl so I got used to the idea until we went in for a checkup. We're having a boy
  • Options
    Ugh. It's a 50/50 shot you will fish you wish of innie or outie baby bits.
  • Options

Ugh. It's a 50/50 shot you will fish you wish of innie or outie baby bits.

Girl, I know, I wasn't looking for an answer, only other experiences lol. I, along with everyone else, am well aware of the fact that it's a 50/50 chance and nothing is 100% for certain until he/she is born. It's merely for fun, as mentioned in my original post, I know wives tales are just that, wives tales, nothing more than silly guesses, but it's still fun to hear others experiences in the meantime.
  • Options
    I have had very bad morning sickness up until now (17 weeks) I'm having a girl. The Chinese gender chart said girl too lol
  • Options
    elbouelbou member
    I had no morning sickness at all with my first, and only a very little nausea with my second (both girls) and felt way sicker with my third (only boy so far) and again now with my fourth. So for me it was the opposite so far. My theory is that morning sickness just gets worse as I get older. :)  

• Options
    I'd say I was just as sick with each (girl and now boy). Downright miserable. I am having daily headaches and occasional migraines with this pregnancy and this was not an issue with my daughter.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    I have a girl and a boy. And I don't know what I am having now but I've never ever had morning sickness!
  • Options
    This proved to be true with me. I had terrible morning sickness with my daughter and none with my son(but lots of acne) I'm currently 16.5 weeks and I've got no sickness AND.... lots of pimples.....so.... im thinking it's a boy. Lol
  • Options
    Sick with my little girl not sick with this one and it's a boy :)
  • Options
    Someone asked me if I have been sick , and when I said I haven't they said I must be having a boy. I did not understand why she made the comment at all, so glad I read this post :-) Our anatomy scan is at the end of the month so we will see then hopefully!
  • Options
    I have 5 sisters, my three older sisters were extremely sick with girls and mildly sick with their boys. My two younger sisters were extremely sick with their boys and mildly sick with their girls. I myself was extremely sick with my son and have been extreme to mild sick this time depending on the day. I don't know what I'm having yet. My two nieces who are sister, the one with the boy was sick all 9 months and the one with the girl didn't get sick at all. So definitely a wives tale.
  • Options
    I was sick all the way through with my first pregnancy which was a boy!  I am still sick at 17 weeks with this one, but it's more traditional morning sickness this time (i.e. smells, exhaustion, etc.)
  • Options
    urby87urby87 member
    My sister was sick with her first, but not her second (also carried the second a lot higher and had a ton of other differences between the two).  Both boys.