June 2015 Moms

New worries and anxiety for the week.

2»

Re: New worries and anxiety for the week.

• raheebraheeb member
    Super anxious that LO won't turn and that I'll have to have a c-section. Also terrified I won't put what I need in the bag for the hospital, that we're totally unprepared for this baby and that because of the IUGR something will be wrong with the baby.
  • @dancegurl1118 you know I have expressed feeling terrified about still birth or something going wrong.....
    Ugh. Part of normal worries and part of not so normal due to occupation..... Bleh.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm worrying that my HG is creeping back. I've had the best reprieve since 29/30 weeks, and I've been getting horribly weak and sick the past day or so. It feels like I'm back in week 5, only this time, I'm starving and sick.

I also have an irritational fear that I'm going to catch another cold before baby is born, and end up with bronchitis again.

I need a time out.
  • @queequeg09256 you could not have said it better....... I feel exactly how you feel!!!!!!
  • Mine seems silly, logically, but it's still eating at me. DH promised to quit smoking when we GOT pregnant. I've nagged, asked, cried, nudged, bought him a book on tape about quitting...all to no avail. We're 23 days from EDD now and he's still effing smoking. I used to smoke too, so I get that it's hard to quit, but come on man!! Last time I was in L&D he kept going out for smoke breaks and would come back in smelling like smoke. Drove me bonkers. Luckily I had a good friend with me as my second support/doula. This time it's going to just be DH. I already told him I don't want him leaving for breaks, hoping that will be another clue that you should quit smoking now. No reaction...basically ignored me. I'm seriously going to loose my shit on him if he's smells like smoke anywhere near me or the baby, and then I will a) be delivering by myself and b) have an irritable husband. I'm going to suggest a vape pin as the very last option, but I don't even like the idea of not knowing what chemicals are in those. It's better than him smelling like an ashtray at this point though. ~X(
  • Now you all have me wirrying about stillbirth!
  • I'm terrified in general.

My dream last night involved me going into labor and not being able to reach DH, then DS being born with tentacles for arms, people swarmed LnD wanting to see him.

It was a hot mess, but it contained my three fears. 1. DH wouldn't take my call. 2. Something be wrong with my son. and 3. People not respecting my wishes on visitation after he's here. Just remembering the dream freaks me out.
  • Mine seems silly, logically, but it's still eating at me. DH promised to quit smoking when we GOT pregnant. I've nagged, asked, cried, nudged, bought him a book on tape about quitting...all to no avail. We're 23 days from EDD now and he's still effing smoking. I used to smoke too, so I get that it's hard to quit, but come on man!! Last time I was in L&D he kept going out for smoke breaks and would come back in smelling like smoke. Drove me bonkers. Luckily I had a good friend with me as my second support/doula. This time it's going to just be DH. I already told him I don't want him leaving for breaks, hoping that will be another clue that you should quit smoking now. No reaction...basically ignored me. I'm seriously going to loose my shit on him if he's smells like smoke anywhere near me or the baby, and then I will a) be delivering by myself and b) have an irritable husband. I'm going to suggest a vape pin as the very last option, but I don't even like the idea of not knowing what chemicals are in those. It's better than him smelling like an ashtray at this point though. ~X(

@lovethatcolosun, I don't think your feelings are silly at all.  I'd feel the same way and I might be even less patient than you (I've never smoked).  You have very valid points/concerns.  I wouldn't want my husband taking smoke breaks during labor.  I can't imagine the extra difficulty you may have with him still smoking considering you used to smoke.