Baby Names
Options

Help with our middle boy name

Both DH and I are in agreement with using Jude for the first name. We have narrowed down the middle name to two options. Thoughts on which sounds better? And thoughts in general? Our last name is two syllables and begins with "F".

Jude Sawyer

Jude Carter

Re: Help with our middle boy name

• Options
    I think I like Jude Sawyer better.
  • Options
    I like Jude Sawyer too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Neither. 

Jude, to me, is a classic name. While Sawyer and Carter are much more modern and far too trendy. I wouldn't pair either of them with Jude. I would use a strong classic name to pair with Jude. Sawyer is just silly and trying too hard... Jude Sawyer sounds like a hipster stage name. Jude and Carter just don't sound good paired together (unless it's a family name or actually the surname), sorry. 

Do you have any family names you can consider for middle names? 

Suggestions...
    Jude Thomas
    Jude Robert
    Jude Oliver
    Jude Benjamin
    Jude Randall
    Jude Matthew
    Jude Elijah
    Jude Sebastian
    Jude Christopher
    Jude Alexander

Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't really love either but I'd go with Sawyer between those two. I love the suggestion of Alexander and Thomas!

Also suggesting: Owen, Michael and David.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I think carter Jude sounds the best.
  • Options
    Neither

Jude is an awesome classic name
    pairing it with a trendy surname style makes it a lot less great
  • Options
    If I had to pick one, I would say Sawyer, but I agree with PPs that a classic middle name would be better. Love the suggestions of Oliver, Benjamin, and Matthew. Also suggesting:

Jude Patrick
    Jude Anders
    Jude Gregory
    Jude Samuel
    Jude Albert
    Jude Nicholas
    Jude Winston
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! I love Jude Alexander and Jude Winston, but DH likes neither. He's pushing for Sawyer which I do like, and where I'm from it is an extremely an uncommon name. So we will probably go with it unless I can find a more classic name he will agree to. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I like both, and I don't think of Carter as being trendy at all. It's classic to be. I'd pick Jude Carter, but both are nice.