October 2015 Moms

breech babies

I am 20 weeks and they said my little man is breech. They told me not to really worry about it but has this ever happened to anyone else. When they are breech right now do they tend to stay that way.

Re: breech babies

• alinic916alinic916 member
    edited May 2015
    Mine was breeched as well at my last ultrasound. The tech said they change position frequently and not to be concerned until they are 36 weeks. Our baby has been in a different position at all three of the ultrasounds I've had.
  • leah665leah665 member
    Mine was breech too...I'd only worry about it when it gets closer to delivery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine are always transverse until about 30 weeks. But if you want to see what you can do to help proper positioning check out www.spinningbabies.com. tons of great info.
  • nsaid4unsaid4u member
    in my opinion it's way too early to worry about the position of the baby. This is my fourth baby and the last three of them were breech well past the 30 week marker but ended up turning in the last 3 or 4 weeks before my due date. So at this point i don't worry about the positioning much.
  • I asked my doctor where baby is positioned right now, and she said "all over the place." They don't worry about positioning until later. And from what I saw of her moving during the ultrasound, I can understand why!
  • My sister was breeched but at 34 weeks the ultrasound showed her she wasn't breech, but at birth she was !! They turned my sister inside my mother, my mother wished she would have gotten a c section after that !
  • aah1013aah1013 member
    Mine flipped during my anatomy scan. The tech removed the probe from my belly and was checking her images to make sure she had what she needed. I felt a large movement (and had felt the same thing before that day) during that period. She put the probe back on and said, "oh my goodness! She's flipped herself! Did you feel it happen?" I feel like she's done it several times, I just didn't really know what those movements were before my scan. I'm a repeat c/s, so whatever position baby wants to be in is fine with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 20 weeks and they said my little man is breech. They told me not to really worry about it but has this ever happened to anyone else. When they are breech right now do they tend to stay that way.

Mine was breech originally and he turned by 28 weeks
  • With my second child, at my 20 week appointment the tech said he was breech. I swear she jinxed me. Mine never turned and ended up being breech at the end causing a scheduled c-section. I tried everything except external version to get him to turn. I heard it was painful so I didn't try and my dr didn't recommend it. C-section went great and my son was healthy.
  • mack1737 said:

With my second child, at my 20 week appointment the tech said he was breech. I swear she jinxed me. Mine never turned and ended up being breech at the end causing a scheduled c-section. I tried everything except external version to get him to turn. I heard it was painful so I didn't try and my dr didn't recommend it. C-section went great and my son was healthy.

This exact same thing happened with my son (now 3) we kept waiting for him to turn and he never did. My doc said the same exact thing and we had a very healthy baby boy. I am currently breeched, just hoping that this one decides to turn!!!!
  • As a nurse I can tell you jot to worry about that right now. Babies have an instinct to flip when it's almost time to deliver. Do they always? No....but the majority do. No need to stress over something that hasnt happened yet :)
    Later on if LO still hasnt flipped there are little back exercises you can do to encourage them. I believe there's already been a link posted for that. The one they teach us, is to get on hands and knees, arch your back, like a cat, then reverse and bend your back...letting your belly go down to the floor. And repeat :) plus it's just a nice stretch for your aching back! :)
  • There's definitely work that can be done. I was very passive about positioning and had two long hard labors due to persistent posterior babies. Head down isn't the only concern. I did a lot of work in my last pregnacy and had my easiest labor with my first properly positioned baby.
  • mack1737 said:

With my second child, at my 20 week appointment the tech said he was breech. I swear she jinxed me. Mine never turned and ended up being breech at the end causing a scheduled c-section. I tried everything except external version to get him to turn. I heard it was painful so I didn't try and my dr didn't recommend it. C-section went great and my son was healthy.

My mother has my sister turned inside her, she said it was the worst pain she has ever felt. She wished for a c section after it was all said and done, said she was so bruised and couldn't sit properly for 4-6 months after !!