November 2015 Moms
Options

He's not excited...

He is overseas for work until the middle of July. We were going to wait until he got back to find out the gender of the baby, but we couldn't wait any longer so I went for an elective ultrasound yesterday. They told me I was having a girl (which is what he and I secretly wanted) and when I told him, he seemed pretty unexcited. He just kinda sat there on FaceTime like "that's nice" and I'm crushed. I'm so excited now that we know the gender, and I guess I had expected him to be excited too. Anyone else ever have this problem? It has completely ruined my mood and he won't even tell me why he's not excited!

Re: He's not excited...

• Options
    It's so different for the guys.
    He's not there with you and not going through it all and seeing your changes.
    It's hard for guys to really get excited until they see the baby on the ultrasound themselves and see the changes in your body. Even then he might not seem excited until the baby arrives.
    You've been feeling the pregnancy since day one. For the guys it's different.

Once he gets back in the country I'm willing to bet it'll be different.
    He also may have been thinking of all the things that come with having a girl- protecting her, paying for a wedding. Guys tend to jump to things like that faster. Let him process it. He will come around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbonelkbonel member
    Is he in the military? Could be whatever he is doing overseas is more stressful than he is letting on. My H says he is excited but doesn't ever go "goo-goo" over anything. It's even less excited when deployed because of what he's dealing with at the moment.
  • Options
    @kbonel he isn't in the military, he is currently playing soccer for a professional team in South America (we're working on whether to move there or stay here at the moment). But thank you ladies for your responses! I guess it just sucks when you don't get the response you want to hear. When I told him, he did say "wow, bras, boys, etc" so I understand that that's definitely a reality check. Hopefully he comes around!
  • Options
    @ScarReallyDidIt no, like I said in the post we both couldn't wait any longer. He was the one that told me to find out because he didn't have the patience to wait until then and neither did I lol
  • Options
    Your impatience (both of yours) turned a special bonding moment for your new little family into am experience only you got to have. I'm not surprised he's not that excited.
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    eskimoluveskimoluv member
    edited June 2015
    VexyMommy said:

Your impatience (both of yours) turned a special bonding moment for your new little family into am experience only you got to have. I'm not surprised he's not that excited.

This. i know y'all both thought you wanted to know now but he totally missed out on the experience. I'm team green but gosh I want to know so bad what I'm having but I KNOW as soon as the US tech tells me what it is I will instantly regret not waiting til the birth it's kinda like that.