Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Anyone have a Successful, healthy baby after a Pre-term Loss of 24 weeks gestation?

Hello, I really wanted to share my first pregnancy and loss story online to see if anyone has had a similar story. I am 26 years old became pregnant for the first time in August 2014 I was due to give birth to a baby boy in June 2015. MY DREAM I was so happy and excited for my son I named him and spoke to him all the time and me and my bf were very happy with the baby news we had been putting off having a baby for a few years till we finished school unfortunately I went into spontaneous preterm labor at 24 weeks midday on Thursday after getting the 100% thumbs up for my Doctor my baby didn't make it he was born alive but died shortly after... in matter of 3 hours my cervix had breeched and my baby was taken out of me Via emergency C-section my life had changed without explanation, none of the doctors have answers for me I was healthy and had never had an abortion or past pregnancy. I am healthy and the baby was healthy and am so devastated this happened to me. 

Does anyone know what could have happened and if there is anyway I will be able to concieve and have another baby that I  can bring home this time. :(

Re: Anyone have a Successful, healthy baby after a Pre-term Loss of 24 weeks gestation?

• Options
    zimnizimni member
    I can't imagine what you are going through right now as I have not experienced a late loss.
    Just wanted to say am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I lost my baby girl at 22 weeks in November of 2014... I would have been due next week It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through, and I know your pain. I did every test possible and spent thousands of dollars, but the results all came back inconclusive so I will never know why I lost my baby girl that day And I have not gotten pregnant again yet.. I just started ttc again. But I do know people who have had full term stillbirths and gone on to have healthy babies after. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost twin boys at 19 weeks due to ptl and prom. There was nothing indicating any issues up until that point. I conceive via IVF but that had nothing to do with it. We did another round a year after our loss. My doctors monitored me very closely and put me on bed rest at the first sign of ptl. My daughter is now 4 years old. She was born at 33+ weeks and is perfect. I'm pregnant again now and my doctors have already started early monitoring.

So yes...a healthy baby can come after a loss. Make sure you have a high risk ob and you consult with maternal fetal medicine. Having this team can really make a huge difference.

Hugs
  • Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    I lost my son Timothy at 24w in Jan 2014. We will never know the reason 100%, but believe it was due to a virus I caught.

I'm currently 23w pg and due at the end of July. This has not been easy, but I'm hopeful.

I wish you the best. ((Hugs))

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    How heart breaking. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    I lost my daughter at 22 weeks in June of 2014. They never gave us a for sure reason why, but they think it had something to do with the placenta not forming properly. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and nervous as all get up! My doctors seem more relaxed with this pregnancy so that helps but it is still hard!
  • Options
    I lost my baby girl at 40 weeks Hun and am currently 13 weeks pregnant and hoping I have a healthy baby at the end of it so I'm hoping it does happen. A lot of my friends I met through losing my baby girl have gone on to have healthy babies all the best xxx
  • Options
    I lost my baby girl at 22 weeks due to pre-eclampsia in March of 2013 and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant with a very healthy boy...I will have more intensive monitoring as we get closer to when I got preEclampsia again.
    My suggestion is to talk to your doctors and even consult a Maternal Fetal Practice which deal only in high risk pregnancies.
  • Options
    I lost my baby in January 2014 at 23 weeks. My pregnancy had been healthy and everything looked good until I went in for my routine appointment and there was no heartbeat. Needless to say, my husband and I were devastated. We have no idea what happened and there is really no way to know either. So many people shared their stories with me afterward about their losses and healthy pregnancies later on. I am currently 23w 4d with a baby boy. I am still nervous, but things just feel different this time (in a good way).

I hope this helps some, but I know how hard this is. When you are ready to ttc, talk to your doctor.
  • Options
    I lost my baby girl at 20 wks. In October 2014. My husband and I went in to possibly find out the sex and there was no heartbeat. The next day we had the worst day that we will never forget, being induced.
    We still have no idea why it happened, but I am currently 6 wks. We have yet to share our news with anyone because of what happened previously. My first dr apt is at 8wks and everyday I pray for a healthy baby to keep growing each and everyday. I have an odd condition of uterus didelphus, which I would think would make me a higher risk. Apparently no one else is as worried as me. I switched Drs after my loss because they had to call a different dr in when my placenta wouldn't deliver. I went through a lot of grief afterwards and never thought I would have to bury my first.
    My best advice is to grieve and take time for you. When the time is right you will know when you are ready. My husband told me that we can only do so much for a healthy baby and after that, it's all up to God. I wish everyone here healthy babies.
  • Options
    I lost my girl, Daisy - my first pregnancy - at 25 weeks this past February. It was the most traumatic experience of my life, and I still grieve everyday. To make matters worse, my sister-in-law had been due just three days after me, and she went on to have a healthy baby girl who was born this past week. We visited them for the first time this Saturday and... well, it was very emotional for me. There are so many triggers when you've lost a baby, no matter when and how the loss occurred. But I know it would be even worse if not for the fact that I'm already pregnant again - 8w1d today. And scared as hell! When I was freshly mourning the loss of my daughter, I felt like I needed to get pregnant again right away and that as soon as I did everything would get better. And in some ways that has been true, and in other ways it hasn't. I was so relaxed and happy with my first pregnancy, and with this one I'm a nervous wreck who thinks every symptom - or every LACK of a symptom - is a sign of impending miscarriage. As others have said, a healthy pregnancy after a loss is totally possible, but knowing that doesn't mean you won't be anxious or that you will have mixed feelings about trying again. One thing that I think is helpful to hear for those like us who experienced such devastating late-term losses is that this will more than likely be the absolute worst thing that ever happens to us. It's scary when you don't know what caused the end of your pregnancy, but not having a clear reason probably means it was a total fluke - a completely scary, horrible, life-changing fluke - that won't happen to you again. I wish you and everyone on this thread full hearts and full arms!
  • Options
    I lost my first pregnancy in 2001at 24w (angel baby girl) same as you got the all clear only to go into preterm labor. My second pregnancy went full term 2006 DD. My third 2014 didn't stick past 5 weeks the next cycle conceived my fourth; DS was born 3 weeks early. Had another loss early this year this time was a mmc stopped developing at 8weeks we didn't know until the 10w u/s. Now I'm 7 weeks pregnant. (I only want one more)I have a weird pattern of every other pregnancy being successful and if the law of averages works in my favor this too should be fine but I'd be lying if I said it didn't change how nervous I am. Each loss I wait longer to share the news. I feel like I'm cautiously excited and partially cynical. I just remind myself that thinking like that doesn't help anyone.