August 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Shower Prizes/Favors

I've searched Pinterest and haven't found anything I'm super crazy about. What, if anything, are you giving to your guests for prizes for winning a game? What about small favors for everyone who attends? I decided I'd rather pick all your brains and steal all of your ideas ;)

Re: Baby Shower Prizes/Favors

• Options
    Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    I personally like gift cards in a cute bag for prizes. We did $10 ones for a friend's shower (Dunkin Donuts). Realistically, what other "cheap" things do people use? As for favors, I say go edible....chocolate pops, cookies, etc. I have also seen a "candy bar" with different candies in cute glass containers and guests fill their own bags.
  • Options
    @Miz_Liz Ooohhh that's super cute! I went to a shower with a candy bar and it was cute but nobody really ate out of it. I'd be perfectly fine with turning my mom's backyard into a Sweet Factory :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could do OPI nail polish and wrap them individually. If you have a friend with a cosmo license she could take you to get them for like $4 each or less (depending on the supply house) and you could wrap them individually with a bow or something.

I personally love beauty products over things like candles and body lotions and super smelly stuff like that.
  • Options
    Like @Miz_Liz said, a candy bar is a great idea. The hostesses for my bridal shower did one and it was a hit. They had a variety of different candies (chocolate, fruity, sweet, sour) and people were able to pick what they wanted to take home. I think a lot of people ended up taking bags home to their SO/kids, too.
  • Options
    These are super good ideas! Thanks. I obviously am not hosting my own shower but my mom and aunt are hosting and they are adament about making sure I'm happy with everything from food choice to games. Its sweet, but ultimately they will decide what they want to do. They asked me if I had ideas on this as they were stumped and I realized I was too! I went to a shower two weeks ago and I won a tuppeware container. So this was an issue they both wanted to make sure was dealt with ;) I will be passing this info on to them!
  • Options
    For my co ed baby shower, for the boys. For games: Their playing poker and not throwing in money , but will throw in diapers :-) which is really cute. Not sure what the ladies will be doing, but mostly chatting it up lol..... On party favors , I'm buying smAll bags and will put cookies, plastic small babies and pacifiers , candy that says " it's a girl", and last but not least a maternity photo and on back of it that says how many months I was and thank you for joining this special occasion.
  • Options
    One of my favorite favor to receive was cookie mix in a mason jar. I had fun making it a couple days after the shower and had a cute mason jar for flowers.

For my baby shower we had a rubber ducky theme. Every one got duck cookies. :) 

DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    If I can make it to my baby shower next weekend with my dr's okay, then I plan on giving everyone pictures from our 3d scan.
  • Options
    @sjra1028 Awe, yes I read about the pre-e :( Don't push it mama! I know hanging around all day resting sucks but its better for you and baby. The longer she can cook the better! Plus once you have her and have time to recover, you can always have you shower afterwards! My mom had two: one pre baby and one post baby with another side of the family that was out of state. People will happily come to your shower after the baby is born. Then you can gift them with pictures of your sweet baby girl once she arrives! :)
  • Options
    @carleyec93 thank you!!! My family talked about bringing the gifts to the hospital for me to see and then bringing them back to my house. Not as fun, but she's gotta stay put for a few more weeks! Lol
  • Options
    sjra1028 said:
    @carleyec93 thank you!!! My family talked about bringing the gifts to the hospital for me to see and then bringing them back to my house. Not as fun, but she's gotta stay put for a few more weeks! Lol
    Does your hospital have a conference room?  My SIL ended up having Pre-E and had to be in the hospital and miss her shower.  The AWESOME staff there let the family use the conference room for a few hours for the party.  Not as big, and not as fun, but she definitely enjoyed it.  They did allow her "normal" clothes but they had to come every hour to check her BP and such, and she was hooked to an IV and had to sit the entire time, but she said she was just happy to be able to have friends and family there to celebrate. 

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As for baby shower prizes/favors...

I am hosting a baby shower for my cousin and his wife and I plan on getting the small bottles and liquor and wrapping them in cellophane with bottle nipples on the top.  I do not advise this for the conservative types, but their families are both wild and crazy and will love them!  I will also have candy bar there for the favors with the mom and dad to be's favorite candy's. 

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chavemann10 The staff at the hospital are incredible, so I'm sure they'd allow us to do something! That's a great idea though!
  • Options
    We are doing gift cards for prizes and personalized m&ms with baby's name and welcome
  • Options
    kedbachkedbach member
    My MIL did Bath bombs and a loofa packaged really cute! As favors we did custom lilly Pulitzer koozies and cookies, popcorn ("ready to pop") and other baby-related candies!

My mom is doing the "ready to pop" popcorn (covered in pink white chocolate candy melts) and some other type of candy. For favors she is doing giftcards or bath and body works lotions and/or candles! Nothing too crazy!
  • Options
    We did chocolate covered pretzels with sprinkles for the gender reveal and they were really popular. I also saw a pin where they did the mini barefoot wines in blue or pink - that was cute! My Sister is throwing me a nautical theme baby shower and I think she is doing something with chips ahoy bags
  • Options
    For game prizes we are doing OPI nail polish, bath and body works foaming soap, and gift cards to target.

For a favor we are doing individual mini bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cake. Yum!
  • Options
    We did a candy bar at our wedding. There was nothing left afterwards! Had a variety of things, jelly beans, chocolates, caramels, etc.

For our gender reveal I did a small gift basket that I filled with popcorn, cotton candy, and brownies. I only did one small game. I decorated it with pink and blue ribbons. Afterwards I gave little goodie bags filled with candies and pink yoo hoos to the "winning team" (those who were on team pink/girl). I found pink cellophane bags at the dollar store.

We haven't figured out what we're doing for the shower yet, and we made the decision the other day to postpone it another month. Boo! Oh well.
  • Options
    For favors we are doing cookie mix in mason jars. I will be following this thread for ideas about game gifts.
  • Options
    I am not doing games because I think they are silly. I didn't have them at my wedding shower won't have them at my baby shower. It's going to be at the mom and pop shop where my husband and I met. Catered by them. With truffles for favors from a local chocolate shop. Similar to my wedding shower but they were a huge hit. I am always about good food, alcohol and good time for my guests and lucky for me my mother in law agrees.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Coed shower so Mini champagne bottles and mini sparking cider for the non drinkers. All of the bottles have a message tied to them... Something along the lines of... Babies are almost here, when you get the good news pop your bottle and send them a cheer!
  • Options
    Dajart4Dajart4 member
    I brought small 2"x3" picture frames. They are pink and white pokeadot and match my theme. I will be putting a card in there that says thanks for coming. I will also wrap Hershey bars with gold foil and pink stationary.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Since ours is a co-Ed shower we got gifts for both genders: bbq utensils, dry rub, coasters, margarita glass with mix, foot care gift set...and for the favor we are making our own dry rub and I was debating on a homemade candy as while.
  • Options
    Those egg-shaped lip balms make cute favors (EOS?). Costco has them in a multi-pack. Also has multipacks of nail polish and other things like that.
  • Options
    For door prizes, we did Starbucks gift cards and scentsy burners. For shower favors, I did a little pink bag full of candy and cutesy things that said "it's a girl" on them such as pens, mints, Chapstick, etc.
  • Options
    For a friend's baby shower I made up little glass jars and put assorted candy and chocolates, tied a ribbon around the lid and stuck a cute sticker with a message on the front. I think that sort of thing is a good option if you want something that looks nice but you don't want to spend a lot.
  • Options
    My shower (and nursery) is themed flowers so we'll get some small potted flowers for prizes. We're having pink velvet cake pops as the favor. Joann fabrics has really cute packaging for individual cake pops!!