Natural Birth
Options

Acupunture

Has anyone tried acupuncture for pregnancy related issues?

Re: Acupunture

• Options
    I tried it for TTC. Aside from some pain during the sessions, it did nothing either way to help or hurt and I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Options
    I did it for stress and hormonal balancing while TTC.  Loved it.  It helped me into some emotional release that I was working through.
    I still do it monthly now that I'm pregnant (16 weeks).  I did an emergency visit a couple weeks ago for a sinus headache that turned into a migraine.  It started to go away within 2 hours of my treatment.

I just had another this morning.  I'm basically symptom free, so I was just treated for general stress and lower back pain.  There are points that can be used if you have nausea, headaches, back pain.
    At the very least, if you have no issue with needles, it's very relaxing.  My visits start with a foot massage with essential oils.  I rarely even feel the needles going in, then I'm left for 15 minutes with dim lights and nature sounds.  I love it!
    TTC April 2012 
    BFP: Valentine's Day 2015!!!
    DUE:  late October 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hamiltks10hamiltks10 member
    edited June 2015
    I did it on my due date with my first.  My water broke within 24 hours.  I can't say for certain that acupunture was the reason....but if I go past my due date this time, I'd absolutely do it again.

(Baby #2 came on his own 1 week early)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker