July 2015 Moms

Dressers - nursery furniture

did anyone buy their dresser somewhere else besides a baby store? I just can't see myself spending $500-$600 on just a dresser alone.

Where did you find your dresser and what kind of deals has everyone found?

Thanks!

Re: Dressers - nursery furniture

• Craigslist
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Got ours at a furniture store. It's unfinished. We will stain it to match our crib.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Craigslist

Same.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We bought ours at a vintage store where they restore old dressers. :)

BabyFetus Ticker
    TTC #1 Since 9/2013
    BFP: 11/14/14
    EDD: 7/25/14
    Found out we're having twins: 1/14/15
  • mers90mers90 member
    I design it and had it made, it's still not finished but here it is:
  • You can go to target or amazon
  • We are using a dresser that is currently in our garage from my gmas house. But previously we purchased the dressed that matched our crib from walmart. I wouldn't suggest it. The drawers drive me crazy because they only open half way and then stop. So annoying. I can't even see what's in the back of the drawer!
  • Refinished one I found on craigslist
  • coopmkecoopmke member
    Ikea! We have the same dresser as pictured above (without the added flair, awesome job- @keniialise !). It is the 8-drawer Hemnes and comes in multiple finishes/colors for $230. We LOVE it!
    IVF #1 September 2014 - Transferred one 5-day blast : BFN
    FET #1 October 2014 - Transferred two 5-day blasts: BFP!!
    << Due July 10, 2015 with our first baby! >>

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's on sale For less than $200 for a few more day also! :)
  • Wayfair.com
    They also had my crib cheaper than Amazon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A resale store! Then sanded it and painted it white to have it match the rest of the furniture and replaced the handles...total cost was less than $100
  • Mine was super ugly but free from a friend so I painted it.
  • IKEA Hemnes 8-drawer dresser... Also doubles as a changing table!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Bugs1718Bugs1718 member
    edited May 2015
    We got ours at a furniture store, it was Sauder brand and was the same Espresso color as the crib we got. We paid like $150 and it has held up great after 3 years. We bought new stuff for DD and will be re-using for this little one. Can't believe how much they charge because it's a "nursery" dresser.
  • $50 one from Kmart
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Target! Soooo cute about $250
  • I got my crib and dresser online from Target. The dresser was $300. It's adorable. The only thing I don't love is that the drawers are tiny. I kind of wish I would have bought a "regular" sized dresser.
  • IKEA!! The place where dreams come true :D
  • MCH77MCH77 member
    Another craigslist

My DS has the Hemnes 8 drawer. Love it.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• We got a delta kids dresser online from target. It was 240 and we got a $20 gift card with it because of a special. It was easy to put together. One of the drawer fronts was scratched but we just called and a replacement part came in a week later.
  • Thanks everyone! The Hemmnes would definitely be a good buy (we saw it a few weeks ago at IKEA and they have a great sale right now) but our crib is cherry colored and that dresser doesn't come in that color :( I think we'll try looking at Amazon and Target. We haven't had any luck with Craigslist.
  • I have a crib and dresser/change table combo, got it off amazon for 350$ it delivered in 2 days!! Awesome find, also we made a custom organizer which all cost under 100$ with 3 bars to hang clothes, and huge floor to ceiling cupboard and a 9 cube organizer! Turned out great!!