August 2015 Moms

What brands have you purchased/received?

edited June 2015 in August 2015 Moms
I thought I would start a thread of the necessities that we had each bought/been given so far. Not what you want or are thinking of getting, but more of the things you've gotten. Specifically what brand/type you decided on so others can see what people chose if they are still deliberating..

I've seen a lot of people have their showers coming up, so you'll be able to add some of the main items you receive after your showers too.

For us, we've gotten the Stokke Scoot V2 Pram, the Maxi Cosi Mico AP Capsule, 2 x Como Tomo Bottles, a Nuna Leaf Swing and the Leander Cot. (We have other items like linens and change pad etc. but I'll keep it short and stick to the bigger fun stuff.)

If anyone is tossing up between items, this will be a great place to ask people why they chose specific brands etc.

Re: What brands have you purchased/received?

• I am not going to have baby shower. So i bought nursery furniture, pack and play, car seat, bath tub, baby carrier, bedding, clothes, blankets, swaddling Blanket , baby Bottles etc.
  • J&D2007J&D2007 member
    Bought: Pottery Barn Larkin crib, BOB Revolution stroller, Restoration Hardware crib bedding, Sealy Black crib mattress from BRU. That's it!
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • Loading the player...
  • Soo I have a chance to get the the 4moms mamaroo for less than 100 bucks today so I'm going to go get that. I also registered for their breeze which I am in love with, and their water thermometer.

I love anything Aden and Anais so I registered for baby blankets, wash clothes,bibs and some of their lotions.

I'm also obsessed with woombies
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I go for Britex strollers and car seats.

Also, love Aden and Anais swaddle blankets.  They also work really well a a breathable blanket (good for summer babies) and something to cover strollers for newborns.

For burp clothes, I like to get the Gerber cloth diapers.  They're too flimsy to use as actual diapers, but are great for spit up and drool.

• I go for Britex strollers and car seats.

Also, love Aden and Anais swaddle blankets.  They also work really well a a breathable blanket (good for summer babies) and something to cover strollers for newborns.

For burp clothes, I like to get the Gerber cloth diapers.  They're too flimsy to use as actual diapers, but are great for spit up and drool.

We have all of this, exactly. We did opt for the double britax stroller though. Also, we got the halo bassinet and the momaroo.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Tula, A&A stuff, Baby jogger city select double, Janie & jack clothing, Carter's cause always on sale
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • malonc2malonc2 member
    I had my shower yesterday. I got the Britax stroller/car seat, a ton of Aden and Anais blankets, carters and Burts bees onesies, a graco pack and play and high chair, and a lot of babyganics products. We got a fisher price snugabunny swing and bouncer given to us barely used from my sister in law so we're going to try those out. We got our furniture for the nursery from Babies R Us and love it so far! I've been working all weekend on organizing the closet and room. Here's a photo of gifts at my shower. People were crazy generous! It is the first baby on my side :)
  • malonc2malonc2 member
    Photo didn't upload!
  • We got the City Mini Baby Jogger stroller, Chico key fit car seat and Ergo 360 carrier. Sister gave us her Arms Reach bassinet, fisher price snugabunny swing, and jumperoo. Using Cloud and Stars QuickZip sheets. We got a lot of Aden and Anais swaddles for shower gifts, and will probably stock up on a variety of sizes in basic onesies from carters.

• Not having a shower either. I purchase things here and there, his bed is his sister's (we purchased her a toddler bed) carseat diaper bag clothes (I cannot stay outta the baby section in any store) no diapers yet but I'm waiting til the bitter end for those. I get things little by little. Keep my excitement of this new little life coming my way!
  • My MIL is throwing a baby shower in DHs hometown in a couple weeks and my mom & sister's are hosting another shower here in July, so we haven't gotten too much yet.  We did purchase a crib - BabyMod Modena, and a Serta Perfect Embrace Crib Mattress.  My SIL did give us some hand-me-downs from my niece and nephew, including a graco pack n play.

photo 547272ca-2f78-4a6c-88ce-0afe6fc98419_zps05f67081.jpg
    BFP#1 9/14/2013  ||  EDD 5/25/2014  ||  mmc discovered on 11/1/2013  ||  d&c on 11/6/2013
    BFP#2 12/8/2014  ||  EDD 8/19/2015 || please be our RAINBOW
    **All Welcome**

• We have a fisher price swing. The dresser and crib are from buy buy baby. Graco modes sport travel system. Once he gets bigger we also have a Recaro car seat. Graco pack and play. We have another shower the first week of July and I know we will be getting a lot more! My first shower was book themed and we received a ton of books!

Also love Aden + anais!
  • Got the orbit stroller and car seat last go round but we just got the grace snugride car seat for this one. I like the Velcro swaddled blankets, got a few new parts for medela Pisa, also ordered some new jujube bags, I'm an addict
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mrsb30mrsb30 member

I go for Britex strollers and car seats.

I love the Aden and anais swaddled as well! I have recieved a pack of muslin swaddled as a gift, but they aren't the Aden anais brand. I'm thinking of buying some as well. Do you know if the brand makes much of a difference?
  • Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    @mrsb30 I have used other brands with DS (also a summer baby) and they were just fine!
  • mrsb30mrsb30 member
    Miz_Liz said:

@mrsb30 I have used other brands with DS (also a summer baby) and they were just fine!

Good to know! Thanks :)
  • Got the orbit stroller and car seat last go round but we just got the grace snugride car seat for this one. I like the Velcro swaddled blankets, got a few new parts for medela Pisa, also ordered some new jujube bags, I'm an addict

I seriously stalked the orbit stroller website when I was pregnant with the twins, I wanted one so badly but could not justify the $1000 price tag for the double. Did you like yours?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For those that have a Britax double stroller, do you have to use the Britax infant seat or will the Chicco seat fit in it?
  • Thj417Thj417 member
    Kokadi Erna im wunderland - woven wrap in size 7.

I swore I wouldn't buy anymore baby carriers unless my second baby was a girl and then I would do all I could to get my Erna. Found out the gender and then boom! Kokadi restocked and I snagged. It was meant to be.

Also, I have my favorite swaddle blankets in pinks from Swaddle Designs. As for bigger items, we will reuse what we have from our first child. Also, cannot wait until I can use my Joovy Caboose as my two get older (but I got that when my first was born, it just sits in the corner :().
  • Saratiff said:

Soo I have a chance to get the the 4moms mamaroo for less than 100 bucks today so I'm going to go get that. I also registered for their breeze which I am in love with, and their water thermometer.

I love anything Aden and Anais so I registered for baby blankets, wash clothes,bibs and some of their lotions.

I'm also obsessed with woombies

@Saratiff I am soooooooo jealous you have the opportunity to get the 4moms mamaroo for <$100!! Do it for those of us that can't. Haha. They never go on sale that much here. Lucky thing!! They are like $500-$600 RRP here. Sometimes you can get them on sale for about $350. But still.

LOVE Aden and Anais.. Best stuff.
  • @fionalouise007 check ebay, they have some mamaroos on there.
  • @fionalouise007 holy crap!!!! I think it's cool but not that cool! I didn't get the whole 60% I thought I would but I did get 50% so I got it for 120. I'm not complaining
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

I seriously stalked the orbit stroller website when I was pregnant with the twins, I wanted one so badly but could not justify the $1000 price tag for the double. Did you like yours?
    I loved it. But we moved to an area where I will rarely need a stroller. Not cost affective to buy a 400 infant seat when we wont even use the stroller with it much
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @fionalouise007 Check Craigslist for the mamaroo! I got one for $80 that a woman bought new but her baby hated it so it only got used a couple of times. She was basically just trying to get rid of it but I ended up finding a few of them on there that were super cheap from moms who had the same experience with it. I was surprised!
  • Haha oh Aussie problems. By the way ladies.. Don't even Google what $500USD is in AUD at the moment. (Ok, ok I'll tell you it's about $650USD RRP.. Next level!)
    I'll have a look at local eBay sales and second hand but I've put the Nuna Leaf on layby (on sale) so that should do our little girl just fine. Still jealous of the Mamaroo but hey, we're lucky to have a swing/rocker at all. If I find the Mamaroo I can always change the Nuna Leaf at the store. Thanks for the suggestions!! x
  • We have the 4moms breeze play yard, GB stroller, oxo tot sprout high chair, maxi cosi car seat, snugakitty bouncer, ergo baby carrier. We have all we need except our Lil lady!

I really love Kissy Kissy brand gowns and onesies! They are incredibly soft! Also Paty Inc makes some great ones too.
  • We received pottery barn nursery furniture, uppaBaby Vista stroller and bassinet, Motorola MBP25 Wireless Video Baby Monitor and Binatone BabySense 5s Baby Movement Sensor Bundle Pack (yes, I copied and pasted that), and we are purchasing the vista car seat (it's not available until June), and the Graco blossom cascade high chair. We've also recieved and purchased Aden and anais swaddles and bibs, as well as halo sleep sacks! Other various items include the Kiinde bottle storage system, latch bottles, dr. Brown's bottles, fisher price kick and play piano gym, and fisher price 4-in-1 sling tub seat. I'm a clueless FTM so I'm just going off my own research and recommendations of others!!
  • @mrsb30 I think it makes a difference but mostly in the size. I like the largest A&A vs the smaller ones. They are easier to swaddle and bigger for anything else too. So I think that's like 40x40. If you aren't going to use them to swaddle they will prob still be great!
    Pregnancy Ticker