September 2015 Moms
Options

Baby measuring big!

I went for an ultrasound on Friday and the baby is already 2 lbs and 1 oz. I'm 25 weeks today. I will do my glucose test this week to check on diabetes. Anyone else baby measuring big? I've been monitored since early on so my dates are correct also.

Re: Baby measuring big!

• Options
    v1wwov1wwo member
    Did they tell you what % your baby is??
  • Options
    He's in the 95%
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine measures 2 weeks ahead but I wasn't given a %
  • Options
    My first son was delivered at 36 weeks and he was almost 7 lbs. Maybe my kids just measure big! Lol
    Hopefully I pass the glucose test
  • Options
    My DD was born in the 99% :). I expect this one to be too. My OB doesn't disclose how big baby is though and I forgot to ask her after my anatomy scan.
  • Options
    Mine is measuring almost 2 weeks bigger too. I took the glucose screening 3 days ago and it is high so now I have to take the 3gr test this week. Fingers crossed no diabetes! Scared about him getting too big for first baby and me being pretty narrow in the hips.
  • Options
    My uterus is measuring 4 weeks ahead, I'm 25 weeks but measuring at 29 weeks. At my 20 week ultrasound baby was in the 99% for weight, femur length, and overall length. I have my glucose in 3 days but my OB is pretty sure I just have big babies as our DS was 9.3 lbs at 39 weeks. I consistently measured 2 weeks ahead with DS, now that I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead she will most likely do a growth scan in 3 weeks. I will have a scheduled csection with this one as I'm not a very big person and our DS got turned sideways, got stuck, and resulted with a decreasing heart rate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whew!! I thought my little man was measuring big at the 85%ile. My fundus is measuring between 1.5 and 2 weeks ahead so we will see how big he is when he decides to make his arrival.
  • Options
    Ours measured 1week ahead at 20wk scan n still is.