August 2015 Moms

GTKY: Let's Talk User Names...

edited May 2015 in August 2015 Moms
1) Why did you choose your user name?

2) What does it mean?

3) Is there a user name you see that you consistently misread?

Re: GTKY: Let's Talk User Names...

• 1) I wanted something that described me.

2) I'm female, and spend a lot of time on or near the beach :-)

3) I can never read PabeyBaby (spelling?) correctly. I always call her MaybeBaby in my head...
  • 1-Old username, been using it for 12 years on everything

2- prpl because favorite color is purple, 11 because DH and I made our relationship official on the 11th (12 years ago), and butterfly because I love them!

3- not sure I ever "read" the usernames. I see them, I know who they are, but not sure I ever took the time to break it down. So, I probably misread a lot of them.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1- my kids were watching the smurf movie when I made it lol.

2- I'm small so I get compared to a smurf sometimes, and my friends and family all describe me as sassy.

3- none that I can think of right now.
  • Pretty much all of my usernames are abbybaby. It kind of goes back to how as a child i was amused that the two words had the same letters. Lol. Its silly.
  • 1) Why did you choose your user name? I was origjnally KatieS7 but wanted something a bit more random.

2) What does it mean? My kids' nicknames and my favourite number.

3) Is there a user name you see that you consistently misread? @Carleyec93 I always read as Carly-Eyes

• I was just wondering about user names the other day, great thread @GirlOnTheBeach

1) I couldn't think of anything since my email is very unoriginal and just my name and I guess I'm not creative so...

2) Emma is my dog, so Emma cake is her nickname and I graduated from college and got married in 2008

3) I don't think there's anything I misread but I get the itty bitty screen names confused as to which one posted what.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) created this account a long time ago, user name hails from AOL days lol!

2) I'm from Las Vegas (lv) and I ran track through high school and college

3) I'm sure I misread a ton lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Miz_LizMiz_Liz member
    I've had my account since 2008 when I got engaged and registered on "The Knot" - I was too lazy to make another one (heck, I'm proud of myself that I finally put a picture with my s/n instead of the generic one that changes every few minutes confusing even me - sometimes even making me a man!!). It doesn't really have any meaning so to speak, but as you probably have all figured out, my name is Liz (so clearly I am super creative with my s/n). I agree with the above, for the longest time I thought @Breezymeema7 was Breezymama, I think I even tagged her as such in some posts a few months back :) I have definitely misread posts more than I have misread s/n's though, and I always think it would be hilarious to see if other people think posts are about the same crazy stuff I think they are about when I go strictly off their title before I click on the post.
  • 1) & 2) I'm not super creative so my username is my first name and the area code where I grew up, it's also my jersey # for sports.

3) I'm another member of the breezymama club lol. I didn't realize it was meema until a week or so ago.
    @lvrunningirlie, I was reading the LV as IV and assumed you ran track/cross country for an Ivy League university.
  • Good idea for a thread - I've been wondering how people come up with theirs!
    1. Mine is a variation on my Instagram handle
    2. I came up with it after every other combination of words I liked/could think of was already taken. My husband suggested combining two words relating to things I like, a lot of things I like are hard to summarise in one word, but in the end kettlekitten was about the fourth attempt at something relating to drinking tea, and cats, haha. Kind of a long and boring story really!!
    3. I think I misread all of them to begin with if they are not proper words! I do wonder how @sschwege would be pronounced.
  • 1) I wanted something that described me.

3) I can never read PabeyBaby (spelling?) correctly. I always call her MaybeBaby in my head...

I lol-ed on this!! :D

1. It's a bit of an older username.

2. Pabey is my married name, and yes it does rhyme with maybe or baby. Which is cool I think. And Pabey Baby was my hubby's nickname (he's short) for a long time, but now it's what we call our bump/child.

3. I too read @breezymeema7 as Breezymama... Sometimes instead of names I recognize the user pic more. Like with @GirlOnTheBeach I recognize the green(yellow?)/fuchsia icon.
  • I thought @breezymeema7 was breezymama until literally just now when i read the comments and saw otherwise. Lol.
  • It's my Name on some other things.

Mine is my name Kelsey ray with a yay at the end.

I usually can read names for the most part but there is one person with alltheusernamesweretaken or something like that..that one made me giggle the first time I saw it.
  • The wassuphoes makes me laugh too along with that one @kelseyrayay
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emmacake08 hahaha haven't seen the wassuphoes one yet.
  • Thj417Thj417 member
    Simple
    Initials and the date I bought my own first car
    I don't pay too much attention to usernames - I'm terrible at names in general!!
  • @kelseyrayay I always read your name as Kelsey-ray-ray. It drives me bonkers trying to tag you :)
  • edited June 2015

1.) I wasn't really thinking when I joined this site, that I would be on this board or else i think i would have done something better. I always thought about changing it but its fine :)

2.)Simple. First name. Middle name. Birthday.

3.) @breezymeema7 I too alwaysssss read you as breezymama until about a month ago. Silly me.

Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Hahahahaha the Carley eyes thing is funny. I didn't even think people would read it that way, much less multiple people. My name is Carley and the E and C are my middle and last initial. I'm not even sure why I put 93, its on everything I have to make a name for.

I thought @breezymeema7 was breezymama forever too. I always read @kelseyrayay as Kelsey Ray Ay. Like "Ay, whatup I'm Kelsey Ray." Yeah, I'm not even sure why.
  • @carleyec93 hahaha never thought of looking at it that way.
  • Good idea for a thread - I've been wondering how people come up with theirs! 1. Mine is a variation on my Instagram handle 2. I came up with it after every other combination of words I liked/could think of was already taken. My husband suggested combining two words relating to things I like, a lot of things I like are hard to summarise in one word, but in the end kettlekitten was about the fourth attempt at something relating to drinking tea, and cats, haha. Kind of a long and boring story really!! 3. I think I misread all of them to begin with if they are not proper words! I do wonder how @sschwege would be pronounced.
    @kettlekitten haha, yes good question :)  It would be pronounced: Schweeg I guess would rhyme with Beag as in Beagle.  Hopefully that helps?  I used to work at a bagel shop as a teenager/early 20s.  The owner used to call me that, it's not my maiden name, but sort of his own variation of it. 
  • I chose this name because it is true lol one of my favorite movies is Juno. When she pees on the stick in the gas station the clerk responds your eggo is prego home slice or something like that! ;) 13 is my lucky number im sure I misread people's names all the time!
  • Robin910 said:

@lvrunningirlie, I was reading the LV as IV and assumed you ran track/cross country for an Ivy League university.

I thought the exact same thing!
  • edited June 2015
    pabeybaby said:

1) I wanted something that described me.

I lol-ed on this!! :D

1. It's a bit of an older username.

2. Pabey is my married name, and yes it does rhyme with maybe or baby. Which is cool I think. And Pabey Baby was my hubby's nickname (he's short) for a long time, but now it's what we call our bump/child.

3. I too read @breezymeema7 as Breezymama... Sometimes instead of names I recognize the user pic more. Like with @GirlOnTheBeach I recognize the green(yellow?)/fuchsia icon.
    I'm with you on the icons! I use those to distinguish people even more than their names. If someone changes theirs, I feel like I don't know who they are for a while lol

I also purposely picked mine because it was bright enough I could find my comments easily in a thread if I lost my place :-) they were flowers my hubby got for me :-)

ETA: I also (sometimes, not always) immediately assume someone who posts with one of the bump's icons is either a noob or a drive-by. Unless I recognize their name ;-)
  • I agree with all of this @GirlOnTheBeach . I wish I could make everyone keep their pictures the same because I struggle when people change theirs to realize who they have been. My brain stinks right now lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. I'm also one of those bumpers with absolutely no creativity.

2. It's DH's name and my name... So original, I know.

3. I'm with @pabeybaby and @GirlOnTheBeach & mainly pay attention to icons. I'm terrible enough with people's actual names, remembering usernames is way over my head
  • 1. It's my email address and I use this for all my usernames. It's easier to remember them that way.
    2. It stands for Duke University Basketball. #4 was my favorite player's number, JJ Redick. And #12 was my playing number and favorite number.
    3. I didn't realize until this board that I was saying @kelseyrayay wrong lol. Totally said rayray at the end. Oops!
  • no creativity for mine either. 

its the first letter of my name with a shortened version of my maiden - followed by a slew of numbers and other characters because I guess I was too lazy to pay attention to the fact that someone else must have the same user name and they needed to add a bunch of other garbage to the end of it to make it unique. 

oh well lol. 
  • 1) I chose it because it is a username I started a few years ago.

2) It is my cat's nickname. She's General Fuzzy Pants, or The General.

3) None that I can think of.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • msmoleculemsmolecule member
    edited June 2015
    1) Because I like it.

2) Miss Molecule is the nickname of a character in a book called, The Cheese Monkeys, which I read in college and loved. I also related to the character. Additionally, I have a degree in chemistry so it suits me in that respect as well. I used to use miss molecule, but after the divorce of my first marriage, I switched to ms. molecule.

3) Nope.
  • @kelseyrayay -- I'm glad it entertained you! I hate it, but I was so tired and all-day-morning-sick when I made the account that I become frustrated really quickly and typed random gibberish that turned into a name.

3. As for user names, I have misread several but have just as much trouble with post titles. I read "crotch ache" as crotch acne at least four times and still couldn't understand the title after reading the comments. Sigh. I need sleep.
  • @kelseyrayay --- I read this as KelseyRayRay the first few times I saw the name.
  • 1) I made this account without thinking I'd post much or that my username would be used that often, and it wasn't with my last pregnancy. But now it seems I'm stuck with it.

2) Mine is super unoriginal. Mommy and my initials.

3) I'm on the same breezymeema7 and kelseyrayay boat, I read those wrong every time.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought it was 'kelseyrayRay' until I read your post above @kelseyrayay
    I thought this too.  I call you Kelsey Ray Ray in my head
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker