September 2015 Moms
Options

Can't sleep. Muscle pain in neck

my neck, shoulders and upper back are so tight/ sore and there is a huge muscle knot in the left side of my neck.

Been massaging it myself and used a hot water bottle. Can't get much relief.

I'm afraid to go to sleep because i think it might make it worse. It's 1:30 on the east coast.

Re: Can't sleep. Muscle pain in neck

• Options
    Do you have any muscle cream? A golf ball? I get that a lot and it sucks, I'm sorry.
  • Options
    I have had similar issues. A neck heating pad really helps and salon pas helps me too. It helps relieve the pain enough to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been dealing with muscle issues my entire pregnancy. I also use a heating pad plus hot showers and stretching. I have treated myself to massages and I go to the chiropractor regularly. I still was only able to get temporary relief.

I am now using essential oils. I made a pain cream with pan away and diffuse lavender to help me sleep. I also have been buying different bras. It is getting expensive but I think that my breasts have gotten so large that it is causing the pain. My first set of new bras were the stretchy type so that I could keep growing. They were just not supportive enough. I am not sure if it is the oils or the new bra that finally worked but I can finally sleep now!! My muscles are still tight and occasionally the pain flares up but I do have relief. I know it is frustrating but keep trying different things.
  • Options
    If your going to hit your deductible see if you can get physical therapy. My nurse suggested it since I'll be hitting mine this year anyway
  • Options
    Oh and icy hot! My doctor suggested it and it does help!
  • Options
    Prenatal massage! Had one yesterday and did wonders for me neck
  • Options
    tpete12tpete12 member
    edited May 2015
    Chiropractics! I would cry without my chiropractor.
  • Options
    liseg13liseg13 member
    I have experienced that as well, even before my pregnancy I carried all my stress in my shoulders and neck.

I realized my pillow was super flat and wasn't supporting my head as I slept on my side. Getting a fuller pillow helped. Also if I wake up REALLY hurting I'll get out of bed, drink a big glass of water, and do some stretches (search "chin to chest" neck stretches).

I hope you find something that helps! It's not fun.