Baby Names

What do you think about Jacqueline?

A few questions regarding Jacqueline...

First of all, what are your thoughts in general about Jacqueline?
Do you pronounce it with 2 or 3 syllables?
I'm not big on sibsets however, I have 2 other LO's, Juliana and Derek.  Would that change your mind on using Jacqueline?  I'm not a fan of using the same initial for multiple children and the fact that they are both girls and both relatively long names is kind of steering me away.

Thanks!

Re: What do you think about Jacqueline?

• Three and I adore it. I love long elegant names. I do think it's a bit matchy with Juliana though

• Three syllables. Great name. Classy.
  • Loading the player...
    and i think it is too semi matching
    although i like it
  • e1223e1223 member
    3 syllables, and I really like it, but am not a fan of the nickname Jackie. I don't think it's too matchy, but I also wanted to stay away from multiple kids with the same initial too so I get it.
  • Very pretty. I don't like the nn Jackie either though.
  • 3, love it but would not use it with Juliana.
  • veckiaveckia member
    I like it a lot! It is probably on my top 20 girl name list. For some reason I just love those girl names that start with  J. Seems you do too. :) I don't know how many syllables it has. I like it with both 2 and 3 syllables. So, I might go back and forth just to keep things interesting. I can see where you might want to pick a different initial since you already have a J girl name in the family. I think you could easily get away with it, but it would be inconvenient occassionally.
  • Three. I like Jacqueline, but every Jacqueline I know goes by Jackie, and I think Jackie sounds ugly and dated. Siblings that share the same first initial doesn't bother me. It's very common in my family.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Three, and I don't really think that it's matchy other than the fact that it starts with the same letter as Juliana.  And having Derek in the mix makes it feel even less matchy.  It's a very pretty name and goes well with your other kids' names.

• 4N6s4N6s member
    I say Jack-Lynn
    It's a decent name, just not my style.
  • This is DD's name :). I love how it isn't as popular as other names. For the record my own Jacqueline is adamant that her name is Jacqueline not Jackie and when people try to call her that she corrects them. The only one allowed to get away with it is my grandfather because it was my grandmother's name.
    Books to read in 2015: 9/60
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    Very elegant! I'm a fan! I pronounce it with 3 syllables - jack-kwa-lynn.

I think it works fine with your other kids' names.
  • 3 syllables - Jack-uh-leen. It's my favourite auntie's name, she goes by Jacqui as opposed to Jackie. Love it.
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited May 2015
    No it's  not too matchy-matchy. 

I pronounce it with two syllables. "jaq-leen". I grew up with a family member who pronounced it this way and that's all i know.