August 2015 Moms
Options

Safe sunscreen

Hi everyone!
What sunscreens are you all using that are safe for pregnancy? I used water babies my last pregnancy, but have read this time around that it is not a good one.

Thanks!

Re: Safe sunscreen

• Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member
    JAG13 said:

Hi everyone!
    What sunscreens are you all using that are safe for pregnancy? I used water babies my last pregnancy, but have read this time around that it is not a good one.

Thanks!

I just use regular sunscreen whatever is cheapest.
  • Options
    My dermatologist actually told me before I got pregnant to avoid sunscreens with Oxybenzone and Avobenzone. California Babies, Kiss My Face, and Alba Organica all make some without these ingredients. They are usually called "mineral" sun screen. Be advised they do not rub in as well!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked my midwife about this and she said I can use any kind. I'll buy the off brand of whatever when what I have runs out.
  • Options
    Honest company!
  • Options
    I use blue lizard baby along with my 2 year old. I just avoid chemical sunscreens and use the physical blocker ones (zinc oxide/titanium dioxide) while pregnant/nursing and on my daughter. We have been pretty happy with blue lizard baby, so we have been sticking with that the last year and a half or so.