August 2015 Moms

Anyone else?

I have real issues with people touching my lately who is not my husband. He doesn't bother me at all. It's not even like people touching my stomach. I don't mind friends family and I have gotten used the coworkers putting their hand on my stomach to feel her kick every once in while. I'm fine with it.

It's my mother who like literally rubbed my stomach for two minutes trying to wake her up. I just wanted to scream. it was so awkward like a hug or hand shake that takes too long. Or my dad put his hands on my shoulders and like squeezed them. Or my sister putting her arm around me. I just jumped and go into panic mode. I am not normally like this.

I don't know if im overly sensitive to touch now? I mean no one has ever rubbed my stomach like I am freaking buddah before and I doubt she would ever do it again when I'm not pregnant. My dad is not overly emotional and I think it was his way of showing me he is excited. But like gah hands off people leave me the hell alone.

Anyone else?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone else?

• I hate people touching me always. :D

This is me. I have a boundaries issue. My mom is a belly rubber too and I've told her she needs to stop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I don't totally understand people who aren't me, my hubby or my OB rubbing my belly! If you are feeling the baby kick that's ok, because you can actually feel it! But Rubbing is odd...only I can feel it, the baby can't, you're not rubbing my baby you're rubbing me!!!!
  • I personally have no problem with people invading my personal space or touching me, but I have close friends who REALLY struggle with it so I understand that it can make people very uncomfortable. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Being pregnant draws a lot of attention (often unwanted attention).

On a side note: I don't mind people touching me or the belly, but there's a kid (he's maybe 10 or 11) who I see each week who comes up to my belly to shake the baby's hand. I awkwardly just shake his hand on the baby's behalf but it's awkward. Every. Single. Time.
  • Shockingly I haven't had this happen to me. Thy always ask to touch. But it doesn't bother me. Usually they are surprised at how hard my tummy is so they freak out
  • lol I feel better just getting it out. My poor mom gets the brunt of my snappiness. For some reason everything she does makes me cranky. Maybe because we are living with her while the house gets renovated? Anywho of I told her all this I would take it really personally and I know she is just excited. But I wish everyone would just stay away from me lol.
  • I hate people touching me always. :D

This. I hated it when I was pregnant with DS and I hate this time.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I personally have no problem with people invading my personal space or touching me, but I have close friends who REALLY struggle with it so I understand that it can make people very uncomfortable. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Being pregnant draws a lot of attention (often unwanted attention).

On a side note: I don't mind people touching me or the belly, but there's a kid (he's maybe 10 or 11) who I see each week who comes up to my belly to shake the baby's hand. I awkwardly just shake his hand on the baby's behalf but it's awkward. Every. Single. Time.

Thank you for the LOL. Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that one!
  • It doesn't really bother me. That said, one boy followed me and my kids around the waterpark and kept touching/poking my belly. That bothered me, I finally told him "all done."
  • I dislike being touched all of the time. Luckily I've only had one or two run ins with people trying to touch my belly: my bff's hubby (she was mortified) and my brother. I feel bad telling my brother not to because he's so excited but it's weird. We've compromised and when he sees me he gives my belly a high five and that's it. I think it's kind of funny.
  • In a general sense, I don't hate people I know touching my belly, but my 20 year old cousin is obsessed with my belly and will rub it and always for that few seconds too long. It gets kinda uncomfortable and weird, but she's excited about the baby and learning so I don't say anything. I figure she'll learn with her own in due time.
  • I had a friend of mine grab me by the waist in the middle of the gas station and kiss my belly! The worst part? I wasn't even showing yet! My self control has never been so tested!
  • I've been feeling like that alot lately. Even with my husband. I don't feel ugly or fat or anything I just don't wanna be touched! I'm very irratable too. Anyone else? Someone please tell me I'm not alone!
    ---
    BabyFruit Ticker

For n00bs like myself: The Bump Unofficial Glossary
  • I am wicked irritable just not with my husband which usually he takes the brunt of my frustration. ( the whole easy target thing maybe?) but I find I have no patience for anyone else particularly my family. I feel horrible when I think about it. Then they open their mouth or try and touch me and it all comes roaring back. Oh well I keep my trap shut so I don't say something I will regret later. 12 more weeks + or - 2 to go then hopefully I will feel more normal.
  • I don't like anyone touching me when I'm pregnant aside from my daughter (gotta have my snuggles).
  • i have personal space issues in general, and being pregnant has made my bubble bigger. Everyone is different. You get to call the shots. It's your body. Ask for space if you need it.