Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor

Wondering if anyone else has used the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor and what your experiences are?  I used it years ago with my daughter and was pregnant the first cycle.  We are getting ready to start trying for #2 and wondering if the last time was just luck or do many people have positive experiences like ours using it and getting pregnant?

Re: Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor

• Options
    I've used clearblue and wondfos. I prefer wondfos.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    I've used the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor for the past three cycles, and I like it a lot. I wasn't having much success with other OPKs, and the monitor eliminates some of the guesswork for me. I also temp and chart. Oh, but I'm not pregnant, so there's that. Good luck!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mrs Mommy said:

Wondering if anyone else has used the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor and what your experiences are?  I used it years ago with my daughter and was pregnant the first cycle.  We are getting ready to start trying for #2 and wondering if the last time was just luck or do many people have positive experiences like ours using it and getting pregnant?

I absolutely love it!!! But realistically after 14 months TTC my thermometer is wayyyy cheaper for the exact same data
  • Options
    Mrs Mommy said:

Are you referring to an actual Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, or the Clear Blue OPKs?
    TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• Options
    uraniurani member
    I haven't used it but as PP stated, tracking your BBT (basal body temp) will give you the same info for a lot less money. Download an app called Fertility Friend and start tracking with it. Make sure to use a BBT thermometer as well, not a regular one.
  • Options
    MagicMikki I am talking about the actual fertility monitor not the opk's.  Urani I charted to conceive my daughter and have now charted a few month before we start actively trying next month.  I know about charting but my ovulation date varies and my DH and I aren't super sexual people (if you know what I mean) so pinpointing my most fertile time has varied between cycle day 13-18....which would mean we would need to be trying from day 10-20.  

The ovulation monitor helps to narrow down those days right when they are occuring rather than after like BBTing.  I have been trying the opk's this month (CD14) but haven't gotten my positive yet so I am still skeptical if it will come.  I tried them when trying for my daughter and they were sooo finicky it just wasn't worth it. 
  • Options
    uraniurani member
    Mrs Mommy said:
    MagicMikki I am talking about the actual fertility monitor not the opk's.  Urani I charted to conceive my daughter and have now charted a few month before we start actively trying next month.  I know about charting but my ovulation date varies and my DH and I aren't super sexual people (if you know what I mean) so pinpointing my most fertile time has varied between cycle day 13-18....which would mean we would need to be trying from day 10-20.  

The ovulation monitor helps to narrow down those days right when they are occuring rather than after like BBTing.  I have been trying the opk's this month (CD14) but haven't gotten my positive yet so I am still skeptical if it will come.  I tried them when trying for my daughter and they were sooo finicky it just wasn't worth it. 
    As PP mentioned, the Wondfo OPK's might be a better solution. I don't have personal experience with them but others rave and they're, again, much cheaper. 

FX for you!