August 2015 Moms

Hips and pelvic bones seperating?

Hello ladies! I had my appointment this week with the OB. I told them about my back pain, hips popping, and my pelvic bone hurting, and was asking if a chiropractor would help. My doctor said no, and explained that what I'm experiencing is normal (I knew that but I wanted to see a chiro after) and that my hips and pelvic/pubic bones are actually seperating, due to one of our lovely pregnancy hormones which loosen our joints in preparation of labor. She said it's painful, but there's nothing a chiro can do really as it's not going to get better until delivery. She did recommend a support belt called prenatal cradle (or the best cradle), which will lift the weight off those areas and the belt end will stabilize my hips. And it's great for back pain! They are about $50, but keep looking, I found mine cheaper!

I am orderin mine today! I just wanted to share with you ladies in case anyone else was experiencing the same symptoms :)

Re: Hips and pelvic bones seperating?

• Ha! I am dealing with a lot of back pain, too, and a blogger I follow posted this today https://www.bowerpowerblog.com/2015/05/dear-sciatica-im-sorry/comment-page-1/#comment-1216107. I guess I need to look into a belt! Thank you for sharing!
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Stood up the other day and my pubic bone popped, I thought I was about to collapse for a second; DS said "mama your foot popped".. No son definitely not my foot!
  • Loading the player...
  • Jen, I found mine on eBay for $20! They have the prenatal cradle and the best cradle (same as prenatal, only adjustable). It looks super goofy, but I'm all for trying it out to get rid of the pain!
    My doctor also said my birth/yoga ball wouldn't help lol. Well this stinks :(
  • mchick1mchick1 member
    I have seen a chiropractor a couple times and it really helped me get everything symmetrical again. It might be worth a try?
  • A chiropractor helped me immensely in my third tri last time, and I'll be going to see her regularly soon until this baby is out. I would absolutely suggest it, especially with how uncomfortable it sounds like you are.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I do see a chiropractor pretty regular, but for this sort of thing, the doctor said it would only be a temporary fix, because my joints are being loosened and seperated by oxytocin (I believe that's the hormone responsible for loosening our joints). So it's not really an issue of the usual "out of place" joints issue, I can get an adjustment with my chiro, and as soon as I go to get off the table, my hip, and pelvic bones will pop right back out place, which kinda makes the visit a waste of money. I am however, going to see her once my cradle comes in, have an adjustment and then have her help me put the cradle on while I'm still on the table to make sure everything is in the proper spot :) I've been seeing the same chiropractor for about 5 years now, I swear by them.. But I do see what my doctor is talking about.. I can move my leg while I sit on the couch. And my stuff pops out of place... 11 more weeks to go! Lol
  • The belt should really help!

Last pregnancy at around 39 weeks the pain was so bad for me that I actually could not walk. I could stand in one place but shifting my weight to one foot was excruciating. A belt did not take all the pain away but it did give me a lot of relief so I could walk around the house. Two days later that particular problem was gone.
  • I have been going to the chiropractor regularly this pregnant and a few extra visits for back pain and now my hips are miserable.... I may have to check into one of those support belts because I am hurting 2 hours after an adjustment.