April 2014 Moms

LO hates shoes!

our LO started walking a few weeks ago, and we have been trying to put shoes on her with no luck. She screams and screams until we take them off. I have given her shoes just to play with and get familiar with. She even tries to put them on herself, but screams if anyone else tries. I'm not sure what to do at this point. It would be nice to let her walk places but not without shoes. Anyone have any insight or ideas? Thanks!

Re: LO hates shoes!

• ksulliksulli member
    Robeeze has moccasin type shoes that have leather bottoms, those are what we have LO wear. She also freaked out the first time I tried to put her in shoes with a real sole. They're best without them until they become really solid walkers.

Last weekend LO came over to me carrying a rubber sole shoe, handed it to me, sat down, and held up a foot- she likes walking around with one on, one off now. Crazy baby.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • ksulli said:

Robeeze has moccasin type shoes that have leather bottoms, those are what we have LO wear. She also freaked out the first time I tried to put her in shoes with a real sole. They're best without them until they become really solid walkers.

Last weekend LO came over to me carrying a rubber sole shoe, handed it to me, sat down, and held up a foot- she likes walking around with one on, one off now. Crazy baby.

Thanks! She does have a soft pair of slippers that she wears just fine but they aren't for outside. I'll have to try the robeez!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat! I have a hard time getting them on her...partly because she fights it and also because she either has fat feet or curls them up so they won't go on right.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• I just got these for LO at target last week. They are the only shoes she doesn't mess with and they actually stay on!!!!

https://m.target.com/p/infant-girl-s-genuine-kids-from-oshkosh-amina-sneakers-rainbow/-/A-16370617
  • ^^so cute!!!
  • Thanks for the advice! I took her shoe shopping today and still no luck. She will play with the shoe all day as long as it doesn't touch her feet! Hoping it's just a short phase.