June 2015 Moms

Opinions please?

My due date is June 2nd, this coming Tuesday and at my last appt my doctor said not only is my baby on the small side but they normally wait to induce until after 41 weeks (if he doesn't come naturally) & they would do it the 10th,11th or 12th...Unfortunately my husband leaves for training (he's in the navy) on the 9th... My next appt is the 1st... Would I be silly to ask if they possibly could induce me before I'm 41 weeks (if I don't go naturally) so that my husband can be there for the labor.. Or should I just let it go?

Re: Opinions please?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a military spouse too. Normally I'd suggest following the drs advice and waiting, but in this case I'm kinda behind you asking for the induction early, unless the Dr can list out risks that make waiting better. Besides, in this case, its a matter of what, like 4-5 days from their choice date? I mean, they want the 10, 11, 12th and you could ask for 5, 6, 7. I could see 5 days making a difference during earlier weeks, but at week 40? :-??

Maybe I'm full of it, I dunno. But I wouldn't feel like an ass for asking at that point. If I were in your position, I would ask
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thay33thay33 member
    Thank you everyone! I'll ask then for sure!
  • mellymar said:

I'm a military spouse too. Normally I'd suggest following the drs advice and waiting, but in this case I'm kinda behind you asking for the induction early, unless the Dr can list out risks that make waiting better. Besides, in this case, its a matter of what, like 4-5 days from their choice date? I mean, they want the 10, 11, 12th and you could ask for 5, 6, 7. I could see 5 days making a difference during earlier weeks, but at week 40? :-??

Maybe I'm full of it, I dunno. But I wouldn't feel like an ass for asking at that point. If I were in your position, I would ask

Agree completely! Have your support person there.
  • thay33thay33 member
    mellymar said:

I'm a military spouse too. Normally I'd suggest following the drs advice and waiting, but in this case I'm kinda behind you asking for the induction early, unless the Dr can list out risks that make waiting better. Besides, in this case, its a matter of what, like 4-5 days from their choice date? I mean, they want the 10, 11, 12th and you could ask for 5, 6, 7. I could see 5 days making a difference during earlier weeks, but at week 40? :-??

Yeah I kind of figured since I'm not asking to go before 40 weeks then it wouldn't be a problem but I wasn't sure how doctors were and if it was stupid of me to even ask something like that. But I'm glad you'd feel the same way if you were in my spot! I'll definitely ask her on Monday.
  • thay33thay33 member
    mellymar said:

Play up the military spouse sympathy, too. How nice it would be for him to see his kid before he's gone for SO LONG, since he's going to be missing SO MANY milestones, and he'll get a chance to hold his baby and can take that memory with him for his hard duty (I know its training, but doc doesn't need to know that) away from his family... Use big ol sad anime eyes

Haha thank you I'll try that!