January 2016 Moms
Options

Cribs

Just a random question, when do y'all plan on buying a crib? I don't wanna buy one too early, was just wondering what others plan on doing :)

Re: Cribs

• Options
    My parents want to buy us a crib and I of course would love to start shopping now! But I think realistically I want to wait till I'm farther along to start getting big items, because unfortunately, things have the potential to go bad at this early stage. So I personally will be waiting till I'm around 5-6 months.
  • Options
    I think any time after 15 weeks for me personally. My parents also want to buy ours for us and they are more excited than we are I think lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    l4rkl4rk member
    I will probably wait until 7 or 8 months!
  • Options
    BethP321BethP321 member
    edited May 2015
    I'm almost thinking of a cute bassinet until we get our own apt. (Our bedroom is a little too snug for a crib), but I'm sure we will manage. My parents kept all of my baby things, so I have a matching white large changing table (one of my first memories was climbing on top of it, so I'm never getting rid of it) and a white crib. I hope we are able to get some furniture and such support from family members when we make our reveal and get closer to delivering. I am so excited.
  • Options
    We're going to be moving in august, so we won't get anything until after we move. I'll be 4-5 months.
    Though there's this crib on sale that I'm really tempted to buy.

It's a circle crib. I think they're neat.
    But I'm not sure how long the baby would fit in the circle crib, over a regular crib.
  • Options
    I want a circle crib too! I'm having a hard time finding bedding for it though. We are moving into our first house next week. We won't start buying until at least the second trimester or later. But definitely have a plan for the nursery!
  • Options
    My in laws also offered to buy our crib so we looked at bye bye baby today just to see what's out there and holy smokes! It was so overwhelming! Everything is so expensive and there's so much stuff the kid will need! We'll probably buy one after we're into the second trimester and once we find one we like.
  • Options
    My DH picked out our crib before we were even married, really cute sleigh convertible one from Target. He's such a romantic lol. Definitely not buying anything baby until end of second tri!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My stepdad wants to buy his grandbaby a crib which I think is adorable. I have a limit of $500 which is way more than enough, especially since I'm considering a mini crib. We live in a one bedroom and don't want to move until we're ready to buy. So we're converting the large living room into a bedroom/nursery combo and turning the bedroom in the back of the apartment into a den. So space will be limited.

Anyone have any experience with a mini crib?
  • Options
    At the end of summer so 18/19 weeks?