August 2015 Moms

Anyone else with a chill baby?

I just have a very chill baby haha she must love her sleep like me :\"> I feel movements here and there and sometimes she has dance parties but apart from that she's chilled and been like this my
Hole pregnancy so it is normal for her anyways just wondering if anyone else's babies are the move active and it's normal for them

Re: Anyone else with a chill baby?

• Babies are more chilled*
  • Me too. I try not to let it freak me out but sometimes I get scared that something is wrong.
  • Loading the player...
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    How far along are you? I've been feeling this little girl since 20 weeks. I'm 30 now and she never stops. I men's she hurts me she kicks so hard. I am sure there is nothing wrong with a chill baby as long as she's growing. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep I feel him in the mornings, a little throughout the day, and a little at night. 27w6d Doc says he's fine. He's just mellow I assume.
  • I consider this baby to be mellow as well. I feel her every day, but just little low kicks typically. She sleeps for long stretches or else is in a position I can't feel her. Dr. said it still depends where the placenta is and how she's positioned. She was using it as a pillow at the anatomy scan. DD1 I had an anterior placenta and felt very little, so even with this mellow baby I'm feeling way more than I did in my first pregnancy. 
  • That's how my DD was and she is such a relaxed, roll with the punches kind of child. She slept well from birth, rarely cried, and she gets over things really quickly. Now this baby is the total opposite and kicks and punches and rolls all the time to the point it's borderline annoying. I'm pretty sure they will be complete opposites personality-wise. I guess I'll find out in a few months ;)
  • Mine has never been a chill little guy. I started feeling movement right before 15 weeks and I've felt him everyday since. My stomach looks like there's an alien in it sometimes because of how hard he kicks and punches. He loves to push his butt straight out and hold it there until either I or DH tap on it, then he wiggles back down. There has also been one night where he was just shoving his feet out, it was so far out that I could actually see his foot outline on my stomach. I assume he's just trying to get more room in there because he has half the space as a normal pregnancy due to my uterine abnormality. I can tell he gets frustrated because sometimes he starts kicking so hard and fast it really hurts!
  • I think I will end up with a hyper boy! He moves all the time! Some days he's quieter but most of the time he just goes to town doing summersaults and kicking like mad. Sometimes I can barely sleep he moves so much! But I think as long as you still feel her it's fine. Each baby has their own personality!
  • Awh I love to hear all these stories :)
    How funny how all our babies are already different in so many ways
    I'm currently 28 + 2 if your wondering ;)
  • I swear how they act in your belly = how that act when they come out. I barely felt DD ever and she was chill and STTN from 6wks and was an easy baby all around. DS felt like he was beating me up on the inside and that boy never stops moving and didn't sleep until he was 11 months, #3 seems to be in between the 2 extremes.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I don't have a chill baby either :(. Coincidentally I don't have a "chill" toddler either. sigh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think I have a chill baby too, he moves but not crazy and just overall seems relaxed :)
  • gmd88gmd88 member
    So do I! He has a brief spazy moment here and there but otherwise is relatively calm... I've heard activity level in the womb can be an indication of activity level outside.. So I'm hoping he's a sleeper like his mom ;)
  • I don't have a chill baby either :(. Coincidentally I don't have a "chill" toddler either. sigh.

Me either. What I wouldn't give to have a "chill baby" (as my stomach transforms because she is pounding on my ribs).

:(
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me either. What I wouldn't give to have a "chill baby" (as my stomach transforms because she is pounding on my ribs).

You are both really making me worry about my little guy's toddler years lol

Don't be worried. Every toddler is different. Mine is just....a very difficult toddler. That's really all I can say lol
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Don't be worried. Every toddler is different. Mine is just....a very difficult toddler. That's really all I can say lol
    I have a very difficult toddler as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Nope. Not a "chill" one. I joke that he's my little mma fighter. Good thing about him is, when I'm awake he is also. I have a chill job, so I talk to him and rub him. He seems oddly hyped by the shrill of my 3 yr old DD voice. (She sounds like Minnie mouse!) I imagine him giving me a run for my money once he makes his debut!
  • I wish! I'm pretty sure this little girl is going to extraordinary measures to guarantee she's the last... between the constant jabbing (to the point of peeing myself, being constantly out of breath, and/or throwing up) and the fact that I feel like she's trying to rip my pelvis in two I'm not sure how I'll survive the next 12 weeks :/
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • amybabbay said:

@Seed0824 I feel you sometimes I get worried and go oh I havnt felt her for awhile then she stretches and I'm like there she is hahah she most active when my partner is home from work he comes home late and when he talks she loves it n kicks wherever his hand is wish she did that for me! Haha already a daddy's girl :x

This. Mine hasbeen pretty much the same way. Except she doesn't like moving for daddy lol
  • Mine is the same sometimes I don't feel him all day then just before I go to sleep he kicks not hard but just to let me know he is still there lol he won't move for daddy either 28 week and 2 days can't wait to meet him :)
  • gulimzgulimz member
    amybabbay said:

@Seed0824 I feel you sometimes I get worried and go oh I havnt felt her for awhile then she stretches and I'm like there she is hahah she most active when my partner is home from work he comes home late and when he talks she loves it n kicks wherever his hand is wish she did that for me! Haha already a daddy's girl :x

Hahahaha! I go through this too! Anytime I don't feel her that much during the day, my husband talks to my abdomen when he comes home and she goes craaaazzzyyyyy! She kicks, jabs, and rolls around all at the same time.