January 2016 Moms

I KNOW I am being hormonal crazy.

Ok. So I have 3 sisters and one brother. I was the first of us to have a kid. He's now 3. My brother just had his first.
Two of my sisters, were both previously pregnant. Last summer my sister Ciara, miscarried at 7 weeks. She had spotting and went in at 8 weeks, and the baby was still measuring 7 weeks with no HB.
My youngest sister Kayci, was pregnant back in March of this year. She ended up spotting and cramping terribly. She went in and had a miscarriage around 7-8 weeks as well.
Today I am 7 weeks, 1 day. I haven't seen my baby via U/S yet, I was only 4 weeks with my first U/S. My next U/S is June 11th.

I guess what I'm getting at, is, I am freaking out. I am at the 7 week mark, and I don't think I'm going to stop worrying until I get to 9 weeks, or hear a HB.
I know that every woman is different, but I just can't help it.

I haven't said anything to DH yet about these fears. I'm afraid he's just gonna call me coo-coo, and try to play it off, like he always does.

I need a breather...

Re: I KNOW I am being hormonal crazy.

• I've been paranoid about this too because my two cousins both miscarried their first and I'm stressing that I will too! I know it's not hereditary, but it's easy to be superstitious about it! I'm 8w1d and my biggest problem right now is an issue with my insurance, so they won't schedule any appt's for me! I've had enough and I'm going to the free pregnancy clinic next week though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know I'm being crazy. I had a healthy pregnancy with my son, no record of anything wrong during pregnancy. Just in my delivery.
    But I am freaking, out! I just can't stop. I know if I stress too much I can miscarry. So I've been pushing it to the back of my head until DH gets home from business thing in a couple days.
    But last night it had me tossing and turning all night long. My back is so sore. So I know the stress is taking a tole on my body.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's a fear we all struggle with, especially in these early weeks. I've had three miscarriages myself and no successes yet, so I'm definitely right there with you in the anxiety department. I don't think you're being crazy at all, but I do think you need to find an outlet for your nerves so you don't worry yourself sick! The truth of miscarriage is, most of them are random, and there's nothing we can really do to change it. (If you haven't seen "The Odds of NOT having a miscarriage" thread, it might make you feel a little better!!!)  In my case, it wasn't completely random which is why I've had three in a row and thankfully we think we've addressed the problem this time around. But you've carried a baby successfully, so odds are in your favor that your body is healthy and your chances of miscarriage are small at this point. I know it's hard, but try not to worry! Just take it one day at a time, take care of yourself, and find something to keep you busy or someone to talk to when you're freaking out. We're here for you too! Prayers for a h&h pregnancy for you and us all! :)
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Im so glad I'm not alone! I miscarried my first pregnancy in February. I'm so terrified it'll happen again and my hubby just rolls his eyes whenever I say I'm afraid. I get back the results of an HCG test Monday and I am hoping they'll give me a Ultrasound after that. Praying we both have healthy babies!
  • Stress is not going to cause a miscarriage. I understand it can be scary to see those very close to you go through them, but all you can do is be healthy and optimistic.
  • I've always been told that too much stress to your body at such an early, delicate stage in pregnancy can cause a miscarriage.
    Trying to stay positive and being positive are two different things. It's difficult as I am already a worry wart.
    I just want to get through the next 5 weeks so fast.

The page "odds of NOT having a miscarriage" was helpful at first, but there seems to be a lot of "good bye" posts happening.
  • Most of us are with you! I was feeling so confident about my pregnancy through my 5th week but now that I feel great in week 6, I'm getting nervous. I am waiting til 10 weeks to have u/s because I was trying to avoid this anxiety but I have it anyway. So I completely understand! I have never experienced a miscarriage (or that I know of), so sometimes I fear because I got pregnant on the first try, it'll happen :/ And like @mommaSimpkin said, there is quite an amount of goodbye posts..too many for my liking! I just hope we all can get through this first trimester & have happy & healthy pregnancies!!
  • @mommaSimpkin forgive me! You're the OP!! :x I was talking to you the whole time :)
  • I always try to think logically. And logically speaking, I still have a chance of miscarrying..
    I don't want to have to untell people. I don't want to go through the pain of the loss. I feel terrible for all the women who've expirenced them and are now.
    Ever since a little girl all I've wanted to be was a mom. I was blessed with my amazing son in 2012. My DH and I have talked about a baby for almost a year now. Our first month trying, and we got pregnant. I'm just awful afraid. I have this nasty gut feeling.
    I haven't expirenced anything yet. No bleeding. I have mild cramping and back pain, but it's normal.
    I just feel like because I want this so bad, it won't end up being my time.

But again. I'm probably just being a hormonal crazy lady.